Chapters 14

The next few weeks all three girls needed to recover from the scare they had, but they all felt better when the first Family holiday arrived.

Maya and Carina stood outside the gates of Disney World, their hearts pounding with excitement as they watched the throngs of people milling about, eager to experience the magic of the happiest place on earth. This was a chance to create lasting memories Kathy, and show her the wonders of the world beyond her wildest dreams.

"Are you ready, Kathy?" Maya asked, her voice filled with anticipation as wrapped an arm around the girl.

Kathy nodded eagerly, her eyes wide with wonder as she took in the sights and sounds of the bustling theme park. "I can't wait to see Mickey Mouse!" she exclaimed, her voice tinged with excitement.

Carina smiled at Kathy's enthusiasm, her heart swelling with love for the girl who had stolen their hearts from the moment she entered their lives. "We're going to have so much fun, Kathy," she said, her voice warm with affection as she ruffled Kathy's hair. Kathy rolled her eyes in a very teenage manner but then jumped up and down when she saw a castmember.

With a sense of anticipation coursing through their veins, Maya, Carina, and Kathy made their way through the gates and into the heart of Disney World. Everywhere they looked, there were rides to explore, characters to meet, and magical experiences waiting to be discovered.

Their first stop was Fantasyland, where Kathy's eyes sparkled with delight as she caught sight of Cinderella Castle towering in the distance. With Maya and Carina by her side, she raced from ride to ride, her laughter ringing out like music in the air as she experienced the wonder of flying on Dumbo and sailing through the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

As they wandered through the park, Kathy's excitement was infectious, filling Maya and Carina with a sense of joy they hadn't felt in years. They reveled in the simple pleasures of spending time together as a family, their bond growing stronger with each passing moment.

But amidst the laughter and fun, there were moments of reflection as well. Maya and Carina couldn't help but think back to their own childhoods, they didn't even dare to dream of coming here. Mayas Dad suggested she came here for the Dopey challange once. (Which is a 5k a 10k a half Marathon and a Marathon in 4 consecutive days)
Now, here they were, living out those dreams with the daughter they never knew they needed, and with out any running exept from ride to ride.

As the day wore on, they made their way to Tomorrowland, where Kathy's eyes widened in awe at the sight of Space Mountain soaring into the sky. Maya and Carina exchanged a knowing glance, their hearts swelling with pride at the fearless spirit their daughter possessed.

With Maya and Carina holding her hands tightly, Kathy bravely boarded the ride, her screams of delight echoing through the darkness as they hurtled through the stars at breakneck speed. When the ride finally came to a stop, Kathy emerged with a grin stretching from ear to ear, her cheeks flushed with excitement.

"That was amazing!" she exclaimed, bouncing on the balls of her feet as she tugged at Maya's hand. "Can we go again?"

Maya laughed, her heart overflowing with love for the spirited girl who had brought so much joy into their lives. "Of course, Kathy," she said, her voice filled with warmth as she tousled Kathy's hair. "Anything for you."

As the sun began to set on another magical day at Disney World, Maya, Carina, and Kathy found themselves gathered in front of Cinderella Castle, the iconic structure illuminated by a soft golden glow. Together, they watched in awe as fireworks exploded overhead, painting the night sky with bursts of color and light.

In that moment, surrounded by the ones they loved most in the world, Maya and Carina felt a sense of peace wash over them. For all the challenges they had faced, moments like these made it all worth it-the laughter, the tears, the endless adventures shared as a family.

As the final fireworks faded into the darkness, Maya wrapped her arms around Carina and Kathy, holding them close as they lingered in the glow of the magical night. "I love you both so much," she whispered, her voice filled with emotion.

"We love you too, Maya," Carina replied, her eyes shining with unshed tears as she squeezed Maya's hand. "Thank you for bringing us here, for giving us a day we'll never forget."

And as they stood together beneath the stars, Maya, Carina, and Kathy knew that no matter where life took them, they would always have the memories of this day to hold onto-the day they experienced the magic of Disney World as a family, bound together by love and laughter that would last a lifetime.