Chapter 7

Tw: Emeptophobia

September 11th
The Social worker came a week later. And eventhough Carina pulled all strings through Meredith,  Jackson and all the other doctors she knew had some pull in the Foundation, but this mater was beyond them.

Two hours later Carina had packed Kathys bags and gotten her ready. They had tryed to explain it to her, but of course she was terrified. "What if they hurt me?" "You call us. We will come get you." Maya said and Carina nodded.  "That would then probably be kidnapping." Kathy said. Carina chuckled. "Well, do you have everything?" Kathy nodded. "Remember, don't lift your luggage and take your meds." "We will call you you have our numbers in our phone and there is a list with our numbers in you clothes, call us day or night. Got it?"  Carina hugged her mindfull of her still healing bruises. Maya did the same. "We will see you soon. 4 weeks for them to process. Okay, four weeks and we will get you home." Kathy nodded, smiling through tears. "Four weeks."

She arrived at the house in a rual area of Armarillo, which was luckly far a way from Houston, where she used to live. Still she was so afraid.
Her stomach turned with anxiety and she yelled at the social worker to stop. She opened the door and imediatly threw up on the side of the street. The texan social worker, who had picked her up at the airport, gave her a bottle of water and a trashbag. Then they made there way to the fosterhome.

They rang the door and a tall blonde woman opened. "Hi. Come in." Kathy was shaking and cluched her trashbag. "She has been sick in the car on the way, just so you know." The social worker said emotionless. "Oh, honey. I'm so sorry. Why don't you sit on the sofa. I will show you around shortly." Kathy did as she was told and curled up. She just wanted Maya and Carina. It was so weird. She hadn't even been with them for much longer than a week, but there was this connection. Kathy took a deep breath.

"Alright honey. It is super late, but i want to show you around the house and tell you a few rules. Nothing to worry about, okay?" Kathy nodded. She couldn't speak it was like her voice was caught in her throat.
"But before that, are you still feeling sick?" Kathy shrugged. "Would you like something to drink?" Kathy shook her head. "If you feel like you will be sick again just call out for me. My name is Anna and my wifes name is Josefine." Kathys eyes opened wide. "Yes. I have a wife. I read you lifed with a two women couple last week." Kathy nodded and hugged her teddybear tight.

"Whats the bears name?" Kathy looked at her. She wanted to speak, but no words came out. Her breathing got heavier and she got worked up. "Its okay. You can tell me another day. Breathe. Its okay." Anna calmed Kathy down a little bid. "Okay. This is your room. This is our room and this is the bathroom. You can come and get us at anytime okay. Here is mine and Josis phonenumbers" she pointed to a whiteboard in the kitchen. "Put them in your phone. We are available all the time for you. One of us always is." Kathy nodded. They might not be so bad. "There is a yes basket on the counter. You can take something at anytime okay. Its fruit and cerealbars and similar." Kathy nodded. She was so tired. "As for rules. If you want to go somewhere you tell us where you go. We want to know where you are okay? We expect you to do your schoolwork and keep your room clean. We eat meals together a few times a week and we would like you to join us, but its an invitation not an obligation." Kathy nodded. The words were all jumbled in her head. She needed to listen, she didn't want them to punish her. "Your schoolwork is a little complicated. I read you will get work online from the project?" Kathy nodded again. "Alright then i will trust you to do them on your own, but please show me what you did in the evening. I am not going to controll it unless you want me to, i just want to see that you did something. Not tomorrow though. Tomorrow you can sleep in okay?" Kathy nodded. Sleep sounded great.

Before she cuddled in bed she texted Maya and Carina that she was well and that her fostermother seemed nice. She wanted to call them, but that would only hurt more. So she cuddled her teddy that carina sprized with her parfume and her pillow that maya did with hers and cryed herself to sleep.

Unfortunetly she woke up only two hours later. She still felt sick and after twisting and turning. For ages she got up to go to the bathroom.
But which door was the bathroom door? When Kathy left her bedroom infront of her was the open kitchen and Livingroom to the right was a hallway which led to three more doors. One of them was Annas and Josis bedroom, one the bathroom and one was an unknown room. Kathy took a few steps into the hallway. Her knees were shaking.

She openend one of the doors, a broom fell out and clackered on the floor. Her heart sprung out of her chest. Nono no no no. She quickly grabed the broom and pushed the door close. Then she rushed for the next room.

It was the bathroom. Kathy pulled the door close and locked it. She let out a sigh of relief. Save.

She went to the toilet and washed her hands and face. Tiredness was clearly visable on her face. She closes her eyes for a second and rested on the sink. Then she kneeled down infront of the toilet. Maybe puking would give her some relief from the nausea. But she couldn't. She rested her head against the bathroom wall and closes her eyes. Maya would have noticed by now. Even if she wouldn't have dropped the broom, Maya was an insomniac with ADHD and excelent hearing and so she noticed whenever Kathy went to the bathroom at night and if she didn't hear her come back to bed within a few minutes, she would check on her. Noone came to check on Kathy now. She wanted to call Maya and Carina, but they were probably sleeping so she didn't want to bother them.

Little did she know Carina was sitting in the bathroom at home, in the exact same position only she was in the shower. "Hey?" Maya had come to check on her. "Hey." Carina rasped. "Its so weird. She was only with us for so short, but i feel like my heart has been ripped out and sent to Texas. Like it genuatly hurts to breathe and i feel sick and i want my baby back." She started crying and Maya sat down next to her. "I feel the same. I feel like she was always ment to be our daughter. I feel like i need to get her home now, because i need to keep her safe and if i have to walk to texas i'd do it." Carina chuckled in her sobs. Maya wiped afew tears out of her eyes. "i just hope that the paper is being processes soon. And that we can adopt her after the half year. I hope she wants that, too." "Yeah." Maya kissed Carinas forehead. "Lets call our lawyers again tomorrow see if there is anything we can do." Carina nodded.

Am upsi arlready fucked up the uoload plan. 😅