Chapter 9

"Kathy, Kathy wake up." Kathy had gone to bed early. She was super tired and it really didn't suit her that she was woken up by her foster mom now. "What is it?" She slurred, still half asleep. "I got a call from social services, your papers have been processed. You can take the first flight home tomorrow." "No i don't want to go home..... My stepdad. I can't... He... No. Please." "Kathy. Kathy Kathy. Breathe. You are going to Maya and Carina." Kathy stopped hyperventilating. "I get to go home." She said. "Yes. Yes. Now do you want help to pack?" "Yes yes please." Kathy couldn't hold it in. She started crying. It was relief crying, but it scared Anna. "Hey. Hey. Whats wrong?" " Nothing. I'm just so happy." Kathy pressed through sobbs. "Do you want to call them?" Kathy nodded. That was when Kathys phone rang.

Maya and Carina were cuddling on the sofa when Mayas phone rang. "Maya Deluca-Bishop" "Hello. The paperwork of the Case Kathy Fieldberg has been processed. Do you still want to be her Guardian?" "Yes. Me and my wife want nothing more." "Then you can arange travel with her current fosterfamily." They hung up.
"Our bambinas comming home." "Yes. She is." Carina fell into Mayas arms." I am so happy." "Lets call her."

At the airport they waited like they were standing on hot coal. When Maya saw her she ran up to her. Kathy also dropped her suitcase and ran up to Maya. She jumped up the blonde and hugged her tightly. Carina wasn't as fast, but as she reached the two, she joined in the hug. "We missed you, Bambina." Kathy was crying. "I missed you, too so much." Maya carried her to the car.

During the drive home exhaustion caught up with Kathy and she fell asleep. Maya carried her upstairs.

Carina put Kathys dirty laundry in the washingmashine and went to check on the other two as Maya didn't come back down.

She found Maya sitting next to Kathys bed. Her eyes fixated on the sleeping girl.

Carina senced the panik. She saw the fear in Mayas eyes and the rapid breathing. "Maya?" Maya didn't react. "Bambina? It's okay. She is save, you know." Maya still didn't move. Her breathing got faster and faster. "Okay. Maya come here." Carina moved Maya towards the bedroom wall furthest away from Kathy, in order to not wake the little burnette.
"Maya. Looke at me. Come on breathe. Kathy is here. She is sleeping. She is save. Come on. Breathe." She overexetetated her breathing and held Mayas face tightly in her hands.

It took ten minutes for Maya to get her breathing under controll. Carina had sat down next to Maya. Both leaning on the bedroom wall. Mayas head was on Carinas shoulder and Carina drew patterns on Mayas hands.

"I'm sorry." Maya said after about 20 minutes of silence. "Why?" Carina asked. "I totaly freaked out. I am not fit to be a mother obviously. I... I .. i... Just .. i .. she .. and ... I can not loose her." "Maya. Maya. Its okay. You will not loose her. Okay. We will not loose her. She is save. We will do everything to keep it that way. And that you are so invested in her savety, that makes you a good mother. Having a panik attack is hard and difficult but it doesn't make you a bad mother." "Thank you." Maya wispered. And Carina smiled. "You're so welcome."

"We need to go redesign Kathys room." "What?" "Kathys room. Its just white and the table and chair that she uses as a desk and the bed and the closet nothing fits together." Maya had spaced out at Dinner when Carina Kathy talked about a lecture. That ment that Mayas coment came absolutly out of the blue.
"Would you like to paint your room and get some new furniture?" Carina asked Kathy. "I would. But my room is okay i have everything i need." "Bella. Maya is right your room is very plain. Its a room but not your room. If you could pick any colour what would you paint the walls?" "Hm?? Maybe blue or like petrol. Like turquoise?" "Nice bella. Then we will paint it." Carina said. Maya smiled. She loved painting. "Maybe we could go on a trip to Ikea and look for things you'd like?". Maya said excitedly. "Yeah. I would like to have a bookshelve. And maybe a comfortable chair infront of the window. You know the little alcove in my room. It would be nice." "Absolutly bambina. That sounds lovely." Carina smiled. "We all have saturday off. Why don't we go then?" Maya was way to excited. "Okay." Kathy smiled at the giddy blonde and Carina fell in love a little more.

Kathys room had a bid of a weird layout. If you walked through the door you had walls on both sides, but about 6 feet in the room opened up to the left. It was a corner room so it had windows to the South and west. The south Window was a little square alcove with windows on two sides. West and south. The put a small book case on the east side and a comfortable lounge chair to read in. Under the window on the west wall they put Kathys new desk. It was a good one, could be angled and put flat. Risen so Kathy could work standing or lowered for sitting. They also got her an office chair with wheels. On the northwall was Kathys bed. And above, 5 Mirrors in the shapes of a increasing and decreasing Moon. Kathy loved how her room had turned out. She loved the new wardrope and the little dresser. The new bookshelves that Maya DIYed to look cool. And everything.

Carina had made it her mission to get Kathy books for her shelves. She had gotten quite a few secondhand or in thrived shops. Also a lot of books were for free. In the end they filled both bookshelves half and the rest with little trinkets and bits and bobs they also found at thrift shops.

It was really cozy and when Kathy stepped into it, her heart almost burst with joy. This was how home was suposed to feel like.

An: oh my god this was super hard to write. I am at the clinic now as you know and i am struggling with homesickness and wanting to go home. And this chapter and the last. Puh those hit a sore spot. But i did it.

Update:

I got home yesterday. I am doing good.