Post-Script

//I seriously couldn't help myself. This fic reached 500k reads recently and I just desperately wanted to show my appreciation. I recently made a return to the Peaky fandom. I started a brand new Alfie fic and a brand new Tommy fic that I'm so happy about. They're both on my profile if anyone's interested! But for now, I want to celebrate Alfie and Ella. Since the future of the Shelby family is sort of up in the air post-season 6, I'm going to focus solely on the Solomons family. A million thanks for reading after all these years. I hope you all enjoy!

~

"Oi!" Alfie whistled when he looked up from his newspaper.

Sofia was halfway down the hall when she heard her father calling from the parlor. "Hm?"

"Where on Earth are you going at this hour?" Alfie frowned at his daughter, dressed up with her purse over her shoulder.

"Out." She shrugged.

"Out? Yeah? Where? With who? For how long? When will you be home?"

"I'm twenty years old, dad, I'm going out with friends."

Alfie folded up the paper, muttering under his breath, "Just as much sass as your fucking mother." He tugged off his glasses to point them at her. "You may be twenty, yeah, but you live under me roof, don't you?"

Sofia rolled her eyes, itching to leave out the door. "Can we speed up the lecture? I'm going to be late."

"Fucking no respect." He grumbled. "Ella!"

It was 1950 and the second Great War had been over for five years. Alfie was disturbed by what came of the war, the genocide of Jews across Europe greatly troubled him. For a couple of years, he was weighed down by the tragedy.

Alfie counted his blessings that his children were spared from the war. Ezra had been too young to be drafted and the Solomons had remained in the countryside for the duration, avoiding all the bombings.

As his children aged, Alfie found parenthood was a joy despite the ups and downs. One day he was the best father in the world, the next his teenage twins hated him. Sometimes he and Ella were amused at how dramatic their kids could be, but they only had to blame themselves. Any child of a Solomons and a Shelby was bound to be dramatic.

After the war, the Solomons family bounced back and forth between their country home and their Margate home. But soon, another transition was arriving.

Ella came downstairs after hearing her husband's grumpy yell. After twenty-five years of marriage, she could accurately translate his grumbles and mumbles. "What's all the yelling?"

It was hard for Alfie to frown when he saw his beloved wife. Fast approaching her fifties, he still thought she was the most beautiful woman to ever exist. Her eyes were still as blue as the summer sky and her smile still lit up the room. She was boisterous as ever, fiery and spirited as she'd been since the day they'd met.

"She's going out!" Alfie pointed to their daughter.

"I'm meeting some friends!" Sofia protested. "And he can't keep me locked in this fucking house!"

"Oi, watch your fucking language in front of your mother!" Alfie retorted.

Sofia just barked out a laugh at his hypocrisy. "Why is it that you don't give a shit where Ezra is?"

"Ezra don't live here anymore, do he?"

Sofia's face scrunched up in anger, her nose twitching like her father's did when he was fuming. "Well, soon neither will I!" She shouted and turned on her heel to storm out of the house.