A Little Girl Found

Grace
I was in the ER when a person brought in a girl, she reminded me of someone else. Bright blue eyes and brown hair and so very tiny. I was tempted to do a DNA test on her, but the police and the CPS worker beat me to it. They asked for one along with her footprints and hand prints. I hate trying to get the footprints and handprints, so I had someone else do it. A note on the child indicated that the parents gave her away. She was wondering around the fire station for a while. She was hiding until a car nearly hit her and he brought her in. We did a cursory of her private parts and she hadn't been molested. She wasn't afraid of strangers per se, so why did she hide behind things at the fire station? I tell the caseworker that my son and his wife are on the list to adopt and they would love this little girl. She said she would see what she could do but not to hold my breath on it.

Caseworker Felicity Andrews
I am going through the files on who I am looking to contact for the children up for adoption. I see the couples wanting to foster with the intention of adopting and a few are wealthy, but I don't always think they are the best fit. When Dr Trevelyn Grey mentioned her son and his wife are looking at adopting a daughter and they would love my newest client. The little girl is very precious and very tiny. I think about and I ask which son? Elliott and his wife Leigh, they are great on paper, but I know Elliott from school. I need to gain some prospective and just look at what they are like in person. So I arrange a meeting at their home this afternoon. A surprise visit can be very enlightening. Dr Grey tells me they need to put the child in the hospital due to dehydration and malnutrition. She was having an IV put in when I last saw the child.

Leigh
Miss Andrews called and asked to see Elliott and I this afternoon about a possible foster child that will be up for adoption soon. So I call Elliott and he is nearby and comes home and gets cleaned up. All the children are in good moods when they get off the bus. I have them take their things to their rooms and wash up. Elliott has them go build something in their playroom after their snack. The security infirm us of miss Andrews and we allow her inside and meet her at the door. The boys come to see who has arrived and they meet her and go back to their playroom after excusing themselves. They did that very well. I offer her something to drink, but she gets right to it. She wants to see the house and where we would put our new charge if we were approved. I thought we had already been approved, I don't say anything. She has been looking at Elliott in a very odd way. She is definitely doing it and failed to notice that I am watching them both. Soon it is over and she has written a good report on us and we will meet the little girl this evening.

Elliott
Crap, I know Felicity and this could be bad for us. I know that she harbored some bad feelings but surely she wouldn't deny an orphan a good home just because she and I had sex one night and I never called her again. I was a teenager at that point. We jump through her hoops and the boys were well behaved and were using their good manners and will be rewarded for that later tonight. I will play bulldozer with them in their playroom. They love that. So do I, but I use it as a reward now, but soon they will figure out that I love it just as much as they do. She says we can meet the child tonight at the hospital. We think the boys would better staying with their manny because they might scare the child. We arrive and see Miss Andrews and she has us follow her and we are looking through a window and OMG we see the spitting image if Anastasia come through the door of the other room. We listen and the girl is talking in complete sentences? This is beyond strange, Miss Andrews asks us if we think we can handle a child like this little girl? We both agree to take her home. We sign everything before the caseworker changes her mind.

Caseworker Andrews
After seeing how happy Elliott was and he has a nice wife and his boys are a delight. I can't hold our past against him. I decide to release the child to he and his wife and encourage them to start the adoption process giving them to them. They sign those as well and I ask them to follow me to see another child as well. I figure if they are willing to take one little girl they might take in a set of twins as well. I have seen Anastasia Grey in person and I know the resemblance is remarkable, but so are the newborn girls in the nursery. I just got them an hour ago and that are up for immediate adoption. I tell them that these girls look like the other child and they look at them and say they will make it work and I know they will. So we get everything signed for adopting their new babies. Elliott gets on the phone and soon they have people here helping them and others are getting things ready at their home. Car seats are brought in and blankets and clothing to take the children home in. I made the right choice and I am so glad that I took a chance. Dr Grey has a huge smile on her face. She hugs me and thanks me for my help.

Leigh
Daisy Ann, Penelope Grace and Willow Leigh were released into our care and we are headed to our home and our family is helping us in every way. The bottles are in the kitchen along with formula and a bottle warmer for each baby. Daisy is holding my hand and staying close to me. She is three years old and looks one year old. Our family is complete and then some. Elliott is grinning ear to ear. Anastasia and Christian can't believe the resemblance to her. Neither can we.

Elliott
Christian wants to do a DNA test on them against Anastasia and I don't know if we should, but I agree to talk to Leigh about it. I don't want them taking the girls from us if she is related to them. I would hope she wouldn't knowing her background.

Anastasia
I told Christian to drop it, but he wants to know and I do to secretly. But I told him no matter what happens with the DNA, the children will still be Elliott's and Leigh's. I tell Christian just that and my pregnancy sex drive kicks and we need to leave for home.