35

1 year later ...

"Kevin bring yo butt down these stairs now" Shani screamed to the top of the stairs.

Kevin came downstairs looking lost

"What is this ?"Shani pulled some weed out of his book bag.

"Something daddy put in there before he left"Kevin innocently said walking away.

Shani had been in Harlem for one year now and her and kay just lost there ways

She still loved him but after what he pulled when they got into a disagreement she was worried for her child's safety more than hers

Shani walked upstairs grabbing her phone off the charger dialing his number

"Yoo?"Kay voice boomed on the other end.

"Are you doing something right now ?

"Nahh I just dropped my girl off at work"Kay had let go of the feelings he had for Shani almost immediately after she moved back. He knew they would never be the same so he just did what had to be done.

"Can you come by so we can have a talk.."The phone went silent since they haven't met in person in over six months.

"Uhh, I guess.

"5:30 cause I have somewhere to be at 6"Kay and her talked for a minute before hanging up.
__________________________
One hour later ......

4:15

"Mommy daddy at the door" Kevin yelled at Shani as she got ready for her date.

She was in a robe naked and had her hair and makeup done

"Mmcht I told this man 5:30"Shani came down stairs opening the door.

"I thought I told you 5:30 ?"Shani spoke up with a attitude laced in her voice.

"You did, but what the fuck you doing all that for" Kay mugged her walking in.

"Can't you obviously see I'm getting ready ?

"Yeah but we can make time for our son at anytime of the day" Kay eyed her as he seen she had her hair and makeup perfectly done.

"Where you going anyway?" Kay asked trying to be nosey.

"Out"Shani walked upstairs so she couldn't look appropriate.

She changed into a black shirt and some black spandex shorts.

"What's this" Shani tossed it to Kay.

"Weed"Kay looked at her blankly.

"Okay, and why was it in my son's backpack?"Shani got slightly aggressive.

"My bad I forgot- YOU FORGOT ? MY SON IN BLACK AND GO TO PUBLIC SCHOOL AND ALL YOU CAN SAY IS YOU FORGOT ?!" Shani was so heated because kay looked as if he didn't care.

"So if he would have went to school and they found drugs in his backpack...you know they would have took him right" Shani looked at Kay biting her lip trying not to cry.

"I only did it because I got pulled over this morning and it slipped my mind"

Shani looked at him with her eyebrows scrunched together because she knew nothing about that.

"From now on imma take him to and from school Kay" Kay snapped his neck at her.

"And why the fuck is that your call to make ?

"CAUSE OBVIOUSLY YO DUMB ASS CANT MAKE THE RIGHT ONE" Shani was in front of Kay one minute and on the wall the next.

"Stop raising yo fucking voice at me before i beat yo ass in here"Kay pushed her against the wall making her drop.

"And you can cancel yo lil date cause we taking Kevin to my moms for a party" Looked at the couch making sure Kevin didn't see what he just did.

Even tho kay keeps telling himself that he let the feelings for her go, he knows deep down he never will

"I don't wanna - I really don't give a fuck" Kay looked down at her pulling her up by the shirt.

Shani hasn't been talking to no men or dating because she knew Kevin was to young to be around all that. But she was still young and wanted to live her life.

"Kay I'm not finna keep doing this wit you"Shani said cause she was honestly tired of his shit.

"Doing what ?"Kay looks of confusions plastered across his face.

"You keep tryna stop me from finding someone, you done dated 4 girls since I got back. I ain't been bitter or sad about it. I haven't called your phone cussing you out cause I know you out doing something.

"Oh well" Kay nonchalantly walked away" Shani cried and pouted walking back upstairs calling K3.

"I no- Girl you don't know shit, we been playing dates back to back and you always cancel last minute"K3 voice boomed throughout the phone with a hint of aggression and aggravation.

"I know and I'm sorry I told you my baby father be doing weird shit" Shani apologized for the 60th time.

"Shani if you not here by tonight then I know something" He hung up the phone aggravated.

Shani let out a shaky sigh

"Yo man's mad huh ?" Kay listened through the door her whole conversation.

"Yo weird ass know what you be doing.

"And do" Kay kissed her lips grabbing her neck.

"Kay move and go spend time With Kevin" Shani aggressively pushed his hand.

"So that's how it is ?"Kay mugged her.

"Yeah that's how it is"Shani slammed her bathroom door finishing her hair.

"I love you Shani" Kay laughed walking out her room.

Shani phone rung once again and she answered

"Umm is this India shaniyah banks speaking ?

"Yes it is how may I help you?" Shani put her curling iron down.

"This is Erick jones the private investigator you hired for your brothers death" Shani heart pounding wit each second that went by.

"Y-yes ?

"Are you aware of anyone by the name of Kevin Perez" Shani heart nearly stopped working.

"All the evidence and digging I have led back to him...I have pictures and videos if you would like to come down and see.

Before Shani could respond shots rang out throughout her apartment

Everything she had dropped and she took off running downstairs to Kevin and Kay

"BABY" Shani yelled before everything went black.

The end ....

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Ahhh i feel like I ended this off perfectly 😭

Kay Kay got some shit to talk about....

Who died ??!!!

Who all got shot ?

IS THEY GONE MAKE IT!?

K3 wanted some of that meow 😒🙄

Until next time folks 🖐🏽