~18~

"Mother, may I speak to you?" I asked as I looked into the room. She lifted her head, she was making dinner. "Of course, sit." She said pointing to the spot beside her. She kept peeling fruits and putting them in a bowl. I sat down and watched her. "Mother, I truly do think I am pregnant..." My mother stayed silent and thought for a moment. "I know you are." I looked up and my eyes met with her. "It is quite obvious." "Even to the elders...?" She chuckled and nodded. I sighed and looked down. My mother put down the fruit and put her hand on my shoulder, cupping my cheek. "It is nothing to feel bad about, you're going to bring another beautiful soul to our clan." I smiled back at her. "You should probably tell your mates about said situation."

I nodded and got up. "Thanks mother." She nodded and went back to making dinner. "Be back at least during dinner." I nodded and headed out, grabbing my spear just in case. I ran through the forest then stopped. "Where would they even be?" I asked myself as I walked. I sighed and started heading towards the lake we became mates at. I walked around the lake, no one was there except for me. I sat down on some grass and then layed down, staring at the sky. I sighed and closed my eyes. I layed my arms across my stomach and took some deep breaths. My body went slightly limp as a fell asleep.

I stirred as I felt a hand placed against my cheek but didn't wake up. My eyes snapped open as someone tugged on my tail. Lyle smiled and let go of my tail, sitting beside me. I looked up and saw Miles looking down at me. "Morning, sweetcheeks." Miles spoke as he brushed a strand of my hair out of my face. "Technically, it's the evening." I corrected and sat up, yawning. Lyle laughed. "Wow, your stomach is a bit bigger than it was originally." I looked down at my stomach and nodded. "About that." I cleared my throat and looked to the ground. "I'm with child." "Who's?" Lyle asked and looked at him with an annoyed expression. "Lyle, think of what we did with her around a month ago." Miles spoke with a sigh.

"Oh... OH! Shit! It's me and Miles!?" I gave a nod and there was just silence. "Huh." Miles said well thinking. Lyle was just sitting there, both trying to process the information. "Our child..." Lyle mumbled out, surprised. I nodded and looked at Miles. "Miles..?" He looked me in the eyes but stayed silent. "I'm gonna need to think this over." Lyle nodded in agreement. I sighed and looked down, playing with my fingers. Miles placed a hand on the back of my head and pressed his lips against the side of my head. "Thank you for telling us." Lyle nodded and sighed. "We have to get back though, right Colonel?" Miles nodded and got up. I grabbed his hand, and he helped me up.

"We'll talk more about this." Miles reassured me, cupping my cheek. I leaned into his touch and smiled, nodding. He gave me a soft kiss on top of my head and Lyle gave me a kiss on the cheek. I watched them walk away and once they were out of sight, I grabbed my spear and started walking back to my family's hut. I sighed and walked back, my mind and the forest quiet. Once I got back to the village, I relaxed a bit. I walked past adults and children, smiling as they greeted me. I walked back into my hut and put my spear down where all our weapons were. "Come and eat!" My mother called and I sighed, relieved I didn't miss dinner. I walked in and smiled as my family was eating. "Sorry, I had to do something." "Your mother informed us." My father spoke after he swallowed his food. I smiled and sat down on the right of my mother.  

~~~~~~~~~~~

683 words