Chapter 1

My name is F/n L/n and I am 13 years old. my whole life I've lived in the depths of the Underground City, ever since I was born.
Both parents have lived here from what they could remember, so basically my whole family have always lived in darkness of the city.

I was sitting down on the small coach of the living room, listening to my mother sing as she was cleaning the kitchen.

"Chairs so close and rooms so small
You and I talk all the night long
Meager this space but serves us so well
We comrades have stories to tell."

She hummed a few lyrics, as she swept the floor. She seemed to be as if she was in a trance from how she got into the song and began dancing.

It brought a smile on my face, watching her slowly spin around the broom stick. My mother had such a beautiful voice. I loved when she sang to me at night when I was younger. I know it may seem crazy coming from a 13 year old but her singing always sooth me. Even to being this age now, I fall in love with her voice. Speaking of singing... What was this song called?

"Y/n?" My mother asked.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"Could you grab the dustpan for me?"

"Yes." I got up from the couch before walking over to grab the dustpan for her. I gave a small smile before handing it to her.

She returned my smile."Thank you, sweetheart."

I walked back to the couch and sat down. "Mom?"

"Yes?"

"What's that song you were singing?"

"Oh, So ist es Immer?"

I looked at her confused, "Eh, what?"

"So ist es Immer, that's what the song is called."

I continued to give her a confused look. So it's es Immer? Now why would a song be called that? It's confusing, plus I have no idea what it means. Is it some kind of different tongue?

The door creaked slightly before opening. Both my mother and I turned towards the door to see who it was. Coming the door it was my father.

His face lit up when he saw us both. "Hello family."

"Hi Dad." I smiled.

I noticed he was holding brown stitched bag in his left hand as he was walking towards the kitchen. He set it down with at ease, which made me curious to know what was inside.

"What's in the bag?" I asked.

"Oh. Have a look." He smiled.

He pulled out a loaf of bread, 2 bags of beans, 8 apples, 6 corncobs, 3 small bags of wheaties and 2 loafs of meat. I was shocked at what I saw, I stood up from my spot and made my way over to both my parents.

Usually we'd never have this much food, actually I don't remember the last time, we've had so much food like this. This was surprising for me, how did my dad get all this?

"Go head and have something if you want, Y/n." My dad said.

I gave him a smile, "Thanks dad," I grabbed an apple and went over to the wooden sink to rinse it off. As I did, I was listening to my parents talk quietly among each other while the water was running.

"How did you get all this?" My mom whispered.

"Those 2 boys with maneuver gear broke the merchants boxes and all the food was spilled out. All of us folks around the permitter quickly took what we could." He replied quietly.