Chapter 3

I opened my eyes slowly and slightly squinted as I began to wake up. I blinked a few times, trying to get rid of the irritating vision I was given, that eventually cleared up as I continued to do so. I rubbed my eyes and yawned slightly as I sat up. I looked down and noticed I had a very soft blanket over me.

Huh?

What's this?

I don't remember this blanket. Did mom just make this? I had my hand out and felt the material of the sofa and noticed it wasn't the familiar material I remember. I looked down and noticed I was on a couch that wasn't my families.

Wait, when did we get this? I looked at my surrounds and noticed right away this wasn't my house. The structure was completely different from mine, it was a lot bigger. I sat there and looked around the room.

Where am I?

The door opened and I quickly looked to see who it was. I let out a small gasp when I saw it was to two guys with the gear that saved me in the allie. They both were talking as they came in house, until one of them noticed me.

"Oh, you're awake." The light brown haired guy said. He made his way to me and bent down to me level. "How are you feeling?"

I didn't say anything to the guy in front of me but looked over to the other with the dark black hair.

He walked past us and made his way to the kitchen table and sat down. I noticed as his back was faced towards me before, he had an undercut hair style, that went very well with his black hair.

When he was seated he watched both the light brown haired guy and I. His eyes were the color grey, very intense. I felt this uneasy feeling as he glared at me.

I looked back to the light brown haired guy in front of me. "I-I'm okay. Thank you."

He slightly smiled, and moved to sit next to me. "We heard you screaming, and seen you were being dragged by those two men, why was that?"

That's right. The men... My parents...! My parents were about to be killed in front of me. They both were being held with knifes against there backs. They both yelled at me to run so I could be safe. I don't even know if they're alive, those merchant were not hesitate on killing them, so knowing they were probably dead.

A tears formed in my eyes, and I looked down as a tear escaped and ran down my cheek.

The guy next to me noticed and scooted a bit closer to me. "Hey, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you cry."

"No it's not you, its just... The reason I was being dragged was because... My parents were about to killed and they told me to run."

The guys' eyes looked at me surprised.

"...As I ran they were chasing me until I hit a dead end and they both caught me. That's when I began screaming, hoping someone would hear. I literally thought I was gonna be killed. But then that's when you guys came along. And now, I'm just thinking my parents... They're possibly are dead." I said.

His look soften as he looked to feel sorry for me. "I'm sorry to hear that."

"It's okay." I sniffed.

"What's your name?" He asked.

"Y/n...F/n L/n."

"Y/n?" He smiled. "Hi Y/n, I'm Farlan and thats Levi."

I looked to the man known as Levi then back to Farlan. I nodded my head knowing their names now.

"Do you have any other family members?" Farlan asked.

I shook my head.

"I see." Farlan sat back in the couch and crossed his arms over his chest. "Well... If you want to you can--"

"Farlan." Levi said interrupting him. He stood up quickly and beckons Farlan to come over to where he was.

Farlan nodded and stood up. "Excuse me for a moment."

I watched as they went to a far corner of the room as they began talking to each other in a silent whisper.

The talk was probably about me. I heard my name and about this place, so the conversation was about me possibly staying here or not.

I moved the blanket off of my body. I don't need to stay here. I barely met these guys, I mean Farlan is nice and all but I can take care of myself. I'm 13 for crying out loud, I'll alright all by myself. I quietly got up from the couch and made my way towards the door quietly as they continued to talk to each other. I looked at them from a moment.

Should I really do this?

Without any other word, I opened the door and quickly went out shutting it behind me. I ran though the ally ways, running like it was maze to get away. I continued to run, I felt like that's all I've been done, was just run. I've ran through a majority part of the city, I was probably near in the middle half of the city.

My chest and my throat burned as my breathing was growing heavy from exhaustion, huffing and puffing. I ran to a near by small creek under a bridge hoping it would hide me. It'd be shelter for now till I find a descent place. I sat there for awhile till it was 'night time.' I began to grow very tired as I sat there for awhile. I felt my eye lids growing heavy on me as I fought to stay awake but suddenly I felt myself dozing off.

Come on Y/n stay awake...

I really miss my mom and my dad, I just wanna go home.

I heard the sound of someone landing in front of the bridge side where they could see me. But I was to tired to do anything, my eyes slowly began to close. What I noticed from the person coming close to me was his white shirt and dark pants. I didn't know why but I had a feeling the person wouldn't hurt me, so I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

As I opened my eyes a little bit, trying to see what's going on and what I noticed was I'm being carried bridal style. My head rest against who ever this was shoulder, not giving me an idea on who this was. I blinked slowly before tilting my head up and seen...

Huh? Levi?

Why is he carrying me? I felt his muscles underneath me which slightly made me blush. I knew it'd be him or Farlan that had found my under the bridge. No wonder I felt... Safe when I saw 'em land in front of the bridge.

I closed my eyes again and opened them slightly but failing as they began to grow heavy.

"You found her." I heard Farlan's voice say.

"She was under the bridge sleeping. I'll admit the damn brat is fast." Levi replied.

His voice was deep, it sent a slight shiver through my body and my heart fluttered a bit. His voice wasn't high or wasn't too deep but it was just the right deep pitch tone.

Now that I know, I'm safe, I closed my eyes again I felt myself falling into a deep sleep.