Chapter 7

"You ready?" Farlan asked.

I nodded.

Today was the beginning of helping out Levi and Farlan on there supply runs. I remember I said, I agreed to help them out for saving me. Farlan said I was fast, which was a good ability to have, even for someone my age. And so today was the start of a job for me

"When the cart comes to a stop, snatch and go." Farlan said. "Levi and I will be above waiting. So we'll be right there is something happeneds "

"Okay."

"But I doubt anything will happen, so I when you run don't look back just go till you're not chased anymore."

"Okay."

"Y/n?"

"Yes?"

"Levi said to tuck in your shirt."

"Why?"

"So it doesn't get caught, trust me on that one." He winked.

I nodded my head and began tucking in my shirt. Very confusing why I need to do so, but my shirt could possibly get caught in something when I'm running. So it's best I guess to think on the safe side.

"And Y/n?"

"Yeah?"

"Good luck." He smiled.

I returned his smile before he should his gear and flew off leaving me in the ally way.

The whole concept of this was to get the merchant food supplies, same thing Farlan and Levi always did. They always switched things up every once in awhile so the merchants wouldn't catch on to there plans. This time, they made a new plan and added me to it so the job would be easier plus there's a cash reward to it.

The Plan:
-When the merchants cart comes through Main Street, there was a dog that comes by around at that time.
-The merchants cart stops at the first place to drop off the supplies. So while they hall a few boxes off the cart, sometimes they see the dog so they'd stop and check it out.
-During that time I come in snatch the small bag of money they hold. This will get the merchants full attention on me.
-As the merchants chase after me they'd leave the cart unattended, which in that case Levi and Farlan come in and take the cart.

Farlan and Levi never once took the whole cart before, so this plan was the start for something new. Let's hope we come through with this plan.

I stood in the alleyway waiting patiently. As I stood there, I felt my heart racing, I could hear it in my ears as it pounded away in my chest. I was scared to be honest. I was scared of what will happen if I mess up and get caught. I know Farlan and Levi are up on the roof but what would we do then? If I mess up the whole thing we're pretty much done.

I heard a loud grumble, catching my attention. Not too far was the sound of the carts wheels roll against the hard ground. The cart was rather big, it held maybe 8 or 9 big wooden boxes of what my guess was the food.

Okay, there it is now all I have to do is wait for the dog. It should coming here soo-- I watched as a dark furred dog, walk past me and make its way towards the cart. I raised my brows. Well, never mind it's right here.

The merchants looked and seen the dog. Their faces all glew with excitement and stopped the cart.

"Awe, look it's a dog." One of the men said.

"Is it lost?" Another asked.

"I don't know." The first man said. He put his hand son his knees before sucking in his cheeks together to make a smooching noise for the dog. "Come here buddy. Come here."