Chapter 25

Today is my 14th birthday.

I wasn't expecting anything big from everyone but they decided to make me dinner for tonight. And I even heard Isabel saying she could smuggle bread for us. But Levi stopped her and said, he'd do it. He didn't trust Isabel to do things by herself. None of us did really. It's not like we didn't trust her but because, we didn't want her to get hurt. I know coming from me, it sounds stupid but even I know when stuff is too dangerous. But anyways.
I was cutting a few vegetables as Farlan was preparing the the rest of the ingredients. Isabel offered to help but even the smallest things she didn't know how to. Since Levi is out, I had to step in and make the soup with Farlan.
As I was cutting, Isabel watched, learning the ways cutting and cooking.

"How do you know how many to cut?" She asked.

"You just cut them into pieces, that's about to it." I said.

"Can I try?"

I smiled, then quickly frowned. "Did you wash your hands?"

She looked at her hands, then put them behind her back. "Yes..."

I gave her a look telling her 'I don't believe you'.

"You gotta wash you hands when cooking Isabel. Also you know how Levi gets." Farlan said turning to us.

She let out a sigh and dragged her self over to the small sink. "Fine. You guys sound like parents."

I giggled.

But she was right. I'm start to sound like a mother to her. Even though she's a few months older then me.
Which was surprisingly weird. But we all looked after her very well, even Levi treated her like that. I'm not saying she's a little kid but I'm more mature then her, I been told. And since I did alot of stuff around the house with my mother a while back, I pretty much know how to everything. Just like a mom.

"Okay, I washed my hands. Now can I try?" She asked.

I nodded and gave her the knife.

She got a big smile on her face and sat next to me.

"Be careful when cutting okay?" I said.

"Like this?" She cut the potatoe in half.

I nodded. "There's no wrong or right way of cutting. So do whatever is easy for you."

"Okay!" She smiled and began copping away.

The door opened m and all of our heads went straight to who was there. Levi came in with not one but two loads of bread.

"Bro your back!" Isabel said.

"And your got two loafs?" Farlan added.

Levi went by the kitchen grabbing a towel to wrap the bread in and he set it onto the table.

He noticed Isabel with a knife as she was cutting the potatoe still.

"Isabel is cutting? Did she--"

"Yes she washed her hands, we made sure she did." I smiled.

"Good." Levi said and sat down in a chair by me. He grabbed beneth my chair and pulled me closer to his. It made a loud sound in the room, which made Isabel cut the potato off angle, making it jagged.

"Damn it!" She said.

"It's okay Isabel! As long as it's cut, it's fine." I said trying to calm her down.

"I think that's enough cutting, it's small enough." Farlan said nervously. He grabbing the cutting board and brought it over to the prepared bot full of water.