Chapter 8

Today was a rather slow, we all stayed in the house all day. Levi was inside his room while Farlan and I visited each other in the living room. I decided later during the day I wanted to make something to eat, when I did Farlan joined in and began helping me cook. We didn't know what we were making but decided to make soup.

"Hey Y/n?" Farlan asked.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"I'm gonna go check on a friend for a bit, so I'll let you finish up here. I'll be back when you probably get done making the soup."

"But... What if I need help?"

"Levi's in his room, he'll help out if you need it."

I felt a little bit of fear corse through me. "O-okay."

Farlan smiled at me. "Thanks Y/n. Just finish the cutting and put it into the pot. It'll be ready by the time I get back." He walked over to the door and left.

I looked down at the cooking soup as the watery tomato substance boiled. Well, I'm not really alone with Levi, he's in his room. There's a door between us. It's just like I'm by myself. I went over to the vegetables and began finishing where Farlan left off.

I then hear the door open, I lifted my head and watched as Levi entered into the room. I tried to avoid eye contact so I looked back down at the soup. Oh my god, he's in here! I felt as a little bit of fear went through me again.

"Where did Farlan go?" Levi asked.

"H-he went to go check on a friend real fast, he said he'd be right back." I said.

He took a seat in a chair at the table and began playing around with a screw driver on that was on the table.

I took a deep breath calming myself and began cutting the vegetables. When I looked at the knife that's when I began to remember my parents and the men that attacked us. I felt my body suddenly go into this shock. I was scared that what if those men find me and get me. They wouldn't hesitate and kill me the same way they did to my parents. I began to shake then I didn't even noticed I cut myself.

I gasped.

Blood.

My parents were killed by this weapon. I dropped it and I fell to my knees. Tears formed in my eyes.

"What's wron--" Levi said turning his attention to me and seen I was sitting on the floor bleeding. "Oi."

I covered it and looked off into space remembering that day.

"Get the two!" The man yelled at the others behind him. The men pulled out knifes and made there way towards my parents on the ground.

"I'll make sure you pay for what you took." The merchant said.

"Y/n! Run! Go!" My mother screamed to me as she was held down by a man.

"Mom!--"

"Just go!" My father yelled.

Mom! Dad! Let them go!

"Oi, Y/n?" Levi said.

I didn't hear him, my thoughts were on the scary day. I felt as my heart began beating in my chest hard, I could hear my heart beat like a drum. I can remember myself running, how dry my throat was and how my chest burned from my lack of water.

"Y/n!"

I snapped out of it and was brought back to reality. I jumped a little and noticed Levi was in front of me down on one knee. A tear went down my cheek as I shook in fear.

"Levi..." I whispered.

"What the hell were you doing?" He asked.

I sniffed. "I-I'm sorry... I was cutting then I remember my parents, then...--"

"Shit." He took hold of my hand and looked at where I cut myself. He picked me up to sit me onto an empty counter top and went over to turn on the water from the faucet. He grabbed a clean cloth, running it threw the water till it was completely soaked and turned off the faucet. When he rung it out he came back over to me and took my hand beginning to cleanse the blood off my finger.

"Tch, Idiot, you need to pay attention." He said.

"I'm sorry." I lowered my head. I'm stupid, why did I just go in shock like that. I feel like a complete idiot doing it in front of Levi.

He grabbed the antibacterial medicine from the cabinet beside me and opened it up.

He sighed. "...I shouldn't blame you. I know what it's like and know what you're going through when you loose someone you love."

I looked to him in front of me as he light drabs alittle of the medicine in my cut.

"You do?" I asked.

He didn't say anything in return but wrap a bandage around my finger.

When he was done wrapping my finger up, he moved away from me, placing the knife I cut myself with into the sink. "I'll finish up here."

I watched him as he did before looking down and my hand. "Okay."

I was surprised at what just happen. Levi actually attended cared to me. He settled me down and started cleaning up my wound and tended it. Another thing is to, he actually talk to me. Levi never spoke a full sentence to me ever since we met but now he's finally said something to me. I looked over to him and focus on his facial features at he was turned. I never looked at Levi long enough to notice how handsomely attractive he is.

His dark hair styled in an undercut way. His defined jawline, and his straight nose. Another thing that I notice how beautiful his eyes were. Reminded me of when I was up in the surface one day as it was raining. His eyes reminded me of the color of stormy blue sky. That was a killer for me, that I noticed on him. I felt a blush go across my cheeks, I must admit, Levi was very, very good looking. And his voice was the perfect deepens pitch, not to low or high but just enough.

I watched as he spun a clean knife in his hand before skillfully chopping the vegetable in a instant. I was amazed at such skills he had. I couldn't help but notice as he was cutting his forearm muscles attracting. I feel myself get almost red as a tomato. Oh my god... I got off the counter top and made my way over to the chair Levi sat in.

"Levi?" I asked.

"Hm?" He hummed.

"Um..."

Come on Y/n, he broke the ice with you. Just talk to him.

"How long have you known Farlan?"

"Kind of a long story." He said.

"I'm listening." I gave a small smile before leaning back into my seat.