Chapter 9

I was sitting down on the sofa watching both Farlan and Levi move a few things around in the room such as for instance the coffee table out of the way. They even shifted the couch while I was sitting in it, placing it against the wall.

Uh? What's going on?

I looked at them both questioned, "Um, guys? What are you doing?"

"Levi wanted to test you." Farlan replied.

"Test me?"

"Yes, test you. I want to see if you can fight and defend yourself. I don't wanna have to worry about you if we ever get into a bad situation." Levi said.

I got up from my seat and walked to the middle of the room.

He worries about me?

"Also, so you won't fuck shit up when we go out on a run." He added.

Ouch.

That's very encouraging...

Levi stood across from me as he had his arms crossed over his chest. "Let me ask you one thing."

"What?" I replied.

"Do you know how to fight?"

I shook my head. "I never really had to."

Levi let out a 'tch' and dropped his arms to his sides. "Alright then, let's begin your lesson."

"Lesson?"

"Y/n you gotta learn how to at least try to defend for yourself." Farlan said. "It's a good thing to know just in case Levi and I aren't around."

"Ok, I see what you mean." I took a deep breath. "I'll do it."

"Alright. First things first, I wanna see how hard you can hit." Levi put his hand up to me, keeping it open.

I looked at his hand for a bit before bringing my gaze up, looking at him confused. Was I suppose to hit his hand or something?

He's looking at me as he if was waiting for something as he was in the same position. I'm guessing I have hit his hand, if he's in that same position, whiling look at me like that, well here we go.

I brought my hand up and hit his hand, making a small slap noise.

"Heh, make your hand into a fist." Farlan said. He came over close to me, and made me make a fist. "There you go now just swing your arm."

I clench my fist and hit Levi's hand.

"Is that it?" Levi raised a brow.

"Yes."

"Doesn't seem like it, your not gonna break my hand so put more force into it."

I nodded and did the same thing again, but this time I put my full force into it.

"There." Levi said. "Now I'll show you how to defend yourself."

I looked to Farlan and he gave me a thumbs up along with a smile. I smiled back at him and turned my attention back to Levi.

"We'll start off with if someone is grabbing you." Levi addressed. He moved closer to me, I felt as my heart beaded faster each step he took closer till he closed the gasp between us. "Put your hand on my wrist like you're grabbing me."

I followed what he said and put my hand on his wrist getting a good grip on him.

"Alright when someone grabs you like this, move your arm around in a clock wise or counterclockwise motion to break the grip. Like this." He moved his arm clockwise and got himself out of my grip.

I was shocked on how fast he got out of it. I looked at him surprised.

"Easy as that, you try." He said.

"Okay." I replied.

Levi grabbed onto my wrist, getting a good grip on me. I'll admit, I kinda like how close he was to me.
I did the same thing Levi did, moving my wrist clockwise and removed his grip from my arm.

"Good." He said.

During the rest of the time, Levi was teaching me techniques on self defense, which would help me get out of someone's grip if someone was to attack me. I couldn't help but blush lightly every once in awhile when he touch my arms and my back. I felt like a weirdo for liking it but I couldn't help it.

"Alright this last one will help out a lot, when your getting away when we go on our supply runs." Levi said. "Farlan, I'm gonna need to use you for this one."

Farlan got up from his spot and made his way over to Levi.

"Pretend you're coming at me from behind, and brace yourself." Levi instructed.

Farlan ran towards Levi from behind wrapping his arms around him. I noticed he wrapped his arms around him so Levi couldn't move his arms. How was he gonna get out of Farlan's hold without his arms?

Levi turned his body to the side, then elbowed Farlan in the gut and the crotch 2 times. Farlan let go, after having that happen to him. Levi's arm hit him in the face, along with putting his leg behind Farlan. As Farlan was going back he tripped behind Levi's leg and fell to the ground on his back.

My jaw dropped and I covered my mouth shocked. I went over to Farlan and bent down to him. "Farlan you okay?"

"Ugh... Yeah." He groaned.

Levi looked at him, then bent down to us. He put a hand out for Farlan. Farlan grabbed his hand and was helped up onto his feet.

"You alright?" Levi asked.

"Yeah. I'm fine." Farlan replied.

Levi turn his head towards me. "You seen how that worked?"

I nodded.

"When you're grabbed from behind like that and you can't move your hands, move your body to the side so you have access to hit their body. Use your elbow when you're attacking, then use your fist. Once their grip let's go, and since your body is turned already move your leg behind them and push them back making them trip on your leg. That will knock them to the ground."

"Okay."

"Since Farlan went already, I'll go." Levi said walking behind me a few feet away. "Ready?"

"Ready."

Levi ran behind me and wrapped his arms around me. I felt my cheeks growing hot from blushing. I covered it up with my hair in my face, then I began doing as Levi instructed. I turned my body so I was on the side of him so I had access to hit his body. I elbowed him in the stomach 2 times before elbowing him in the crotch. He grunted in pain, and let go of me. I place my leg behind him and pushed him and he fell on his back. I gasped when he hit the floor. I crouched down to him.

"Levi, I'm so sorry!" I apologized.

He had his hand over his stomach with his brows furled. I could tell he was trying to keep a straight face, hiding the fact was he in pain. Well he would be especially from when I hit him in the crotch.

"Don't worry about it. It's fine." He murmured.

I felt so bad that I hit him hard but at least it worked. I put my hand out to him to help him up. He looked at my hand for a moment before taking it and I helped him up on his feet.

"I think thats enough for today." Levi said.

"Good job Y/n." Farlan smiled.

I smiled back. "Thanks"

I knew for this point in, my life was now changing. I never knew how to fight or defend myself, but now I'm being taught how to. I'm learning to take care of myself, as much as it still hurt I just wished my parents were here to see me evolve, change to grow. I did a great job on my first day, I'm excited to learn something new now. I can't wait til my next lesson.