Chapter 2

Let me just start from the beginning...

It was a warm September day in sunny Los Angeles. I couldn't have been any happier in my right at this point. I had the perfect job, the perfect house, and the perfect boyfriend. All this, and I was just 24 years old.

Daniel, my boyfriend, is a successful executive at Apple, and I am a head executive of a well known law firm. I Caiyah Mills, had made it. Or so I thought.

I was taken out of my train of thought by the sounds of Daniel's voice.

"Good morning babe"

"Good morning Daniel" I said

" So, what are your plans for today"? Daniel asked

"Well as you know, I have to leave for Miami next week for business so I'll be packing today. You can help if you want."

"Ughh" he groaned "You know how much I hate packing."

"Haha, whatever."

After that I got up and got my day started. For a while now, Daniel and I haven't been on the best of terms. We've been getting into a lot of arguments lately. Some of them over stupid stuff. So I was relieved when we actually had a decent conversation this morning.

After I came out of the bathroom, I started picking out the stuff I was going to need for this trip.

" Hey babe, I'm going to run out for a while."

"Where Daniel?" I sighed

"Work called me in." he said

"Really Daniel, on a Saturday?" I said starting to get annoyed

"Yes on a Saturday, they came up with a new idea, and they need my opinion on it. Look, I promise I'll make it up to you." He said giving me a kiss on my forehead. " I'll see you later."

"I guess." I said with an attitude

And with that he left. It seems lIke work is always calling him with 'new ideas'. Sometime I think that he's seeing someone else, but when I ask him if he is he always avoids the subject, and it always turns into an argument.

Great, another day at home... Alone..