Chapter 15

Three days later
Blake

Over the course of a month, nothing has changed. Caiyah still hasn't been found and I was starting to loose hope. I know I shouldn't be this down because we haven't been together that long. But, I really like her.

I woke up with a strange feeling today. Like something was going to happen, but I dint know what. While I was on my way to work, I got a phone call from detective Jones.

"Hello"

"Hello, Blake. How's it going?"

"I could be better. What's going on?"

"Well I have some good news and some bad news. Which one do you want to hear first?" He asked

"Uhh, the good news."

"Well, Caiyah  has been found-"

When he said that, everything stopped.

"Where is she?"

"She's in a hospital in Arizona."

"Hospital? Arizona?" I asked

"Yes, I'm afraid that's the bad news. She was in a car accident and is currently in a coma. Now we can get you a plane ticket-"

"I'm on my way."
<><><><><>

Caiyah

"How is she?"

I recognize that voice.

"She could be doing better." I heard someone say

I tried to talk, but I couldn't. Why can't I move? Why can't I see? I can hear though.

"May I have a minute alone with her?"

Blake?

"Sure, go ahead. But I do need to talk with you when you're finished."

I heard the door close, and a chair being pulled up beside me.

"Hey, I know you probably can't here me, but I'm going to talk to you anyway."

I can hear you.

"I've missed you. It's been a whole month since I've last seen you. I've been worried sick about you."

He grabbed my hand and I tried to grab it back, but I couldn't.

"I just wish you were awake. So I could see that beautiful smile of yours. And those beautiful eyes of yours." He said

Awww

"But you get all the rest you can, because I know you probably need it."

After he said that he kissed me on the forehead. He never let go of my hand and I tried to squeeze it again, and it worked. I did it.

"You just squeezed my hand." He said with excitement "You just did it again."

After that I heard him running out of the room, and then I hear other people come in. It must have been the doctors.

"Ms. Perkins, I'm going to need to squeeze me hand. Can you do that?"

Since I couldn't say yes, I squeezed his hand like he told me.

"See, I told you." Blake said.

I wanted to laugh so bad at what he said.

"She's smiling." Blake said

"That's great. She didn't start showing improvement until you arrived Mr. Griffin." The doctor said.

"Yea, well I have that kind of effect on people." He said "Look, she's smiling again."

Okay, maybe he does have that kind of effect on me.

"As I was saying, Mr.Griffin, may I speak with you outside?"

"Uh, yea sure. I'll be back babygirl."

Babygirl? That's new, and I think I like it. I wonder what they're going to talk about that they didn't want me hearing.
<><><>

Blake

"So, what's up?" I asked

"Well, while she is showing significant improvement, there still are some things that concern me." The doctor said

"Okay, what are they?"

"One, because of the car crash, her left side is paralyzed as of now. That's doesn't mean that it will stay that way, but as of right now it is. We can talk about therapy options later. Also, when she first arrived, she showed signs of abuse. Like unexplainable bruising not caused by the crash."

"Oh my god. Is that all?" I asked

"Well there is one another thing. She's pregnant."
<><><><><><>