Chapter 14

One month later

It's been a month, a whole month and I'm still in this hell hole the the devil. Since I've gotten here, things have only gotten worse. Daniel's been hitting me more, and I've only gotten sicker. I've been throwing up for the past few weeks, and when I ask Daniel to take me to the doctor, he says no.

I've still been overhearing him talking on the phone to that Julie girl. And I still don't know what he wants from me. All the while I've been locked in this room, I've been able to come up with ways to escape. So far I've come up with a few.

Today, I decided that this was the day I was going to escape. Usually, around three o'clock, Daniel leaves the house to go somewhere, that's when my plan will go into action.
<><><><>

Three o'clock rolled around, and as expected, Daniel left. I took a bobby pin out of my hair, and got up and walked to the door. I picked the lock and the door opened. Once I stepped into the hallway, I closed the door back and locked it.

I walked down the stairs and went into the kitchen, and saw that there was an extra pair of car keys on the counter. This is almost to easy to be true, I thought. I grabbed the keys anyway and made my way to the garage.

I got in the car, put the key in the ignition, and drove off. I did it. I actually escaped. I was driving for about ten minutes before I realized that a truck was following me. I came to a stop light and looked back. I couldn't see who was in the truck because of how dark the tint was.

The light turned green and I turned the corner. I looked back again and the truck kept straight through the light. Okay, maybe I'm just paranoid. I continued to drive trying to figure out where I am.

As I came up to another intersection, I saw the same black truck from earlier. I started to panic, but realized that it was my turn to go. I started to go, until I heard a horn honking. I turned to look over, and then everything turned black.