Chapter 18

Shen Qingqiu walked across Qiong Ding peak. Yue Qingyuan was by his side, assisting him a little. He didn't his it anymore when he did. Shen Qingqiu had glared at him judgementally when he had tried. He wanted to see if it was true that no one would be surprised or confused and indeed. Not one person seemed surprised. At all. The way that everyone looked at then was the same whenever they greeted them.

Not even other peaklords showed any sign or being puzzled or disturbed. Nit even Qi Qingqi who came over for tea or Liu Qingge who visited to give Shen Qingqiu a new teacup as a replacement for the one he had rudely broken with his forehead. Only one person reacted totally flabbergasted, like their whole worldview had been shattered into small shards and thrown into a volcano right after.

This person was Shang Qinghua. He had coincidentally entered the room exactly when Yue Qingyuan had leaned forward to give Shen Qingqiu a short kiss before they were about to go outside. Their lips had just met when they heard someone exclaim.

"Oh my god! I'm terribly sorry!" Shang Qinghua's face was changing between red and white and he looked as if he was filled with nothing but disbelief. "I'll come back later! Please forgive me!"

He was about to run outside. Shen Qingqiu pulled away from Yue Qingyuan and yelled after him. "You already interrupted! Come back!" His voice sounded more annoyed than usual and Shang Qinghua didn't dare to disobey.

He awkwardly stood by the table where the two were sitting and looked frome the ground to Shen Qingqiu and Yue Qingyuan and back. His mind was working at an incredible pace. Of course he too had heard the rumors, but he had never taken them seriously. He had thought that the fact that the two were just acting unusually close just cause some desciples to make up stories. Shang Qinghua never would have thought that they were true after all.

The gears of his mind were turning quickly. Had he written them, or planned on writing them, gay? Could that be? After all he came up with a no as answer. The reason he came up with was way more simple. If the author himself was gay, how could any of his characters be fully straight? It only made sense that this situation here was a possibility. It was just that these two people... Who would have thought? He certainly hadn't, but he was oddly happy for them. In that split moment he had been inside the room, before they had kissed, he could have sworn to see Shen Qingqiu smile.

It had always been one of his dreams that these two would one day make up with their past and be happy. Though his plan had not involved this, his heart was full of joy. Shang Qinghua felt close to shedding tears. It was like your daughter had finally brought home a good husband that was just as interested in darts as you were.

Shen Qingqiu kept staring at Shang Qinghua with narrowed eyes. The man had been standing there silently, his face changing from confusion to happiness over the course of several long seconds. "What do you want now, Shang-shidi?" he asked, "You come in without knocking and now you're standing there, not saying a word. Has no one taught you manners?"

Yue Qingyuan lowered his voice. "Xiao Jiu..."

Shang Qinghua was even more surprised when he heard him call Shen Qingqiu by that name and Shen Qingqiu did not at all react oddly to it. Shang Qinghua was sure that he had set it that Shen Qingqiu was opposed to being called that. Had that too changed?

Shen Qingqiu looked over at Yue Qingyuan. "Do you not agree that he should at least speak when he comes in without knocking?" he asked and crossed his arms, "Not everyone can behave like that. It's already enough when Liu-shidi thinks he can just barge in or even kick in the door every time. I thought he did that because he disliked the person inside, but he even does that on your doors."

"I'm sorry, Shixiong," Shang Qinghua quickly said, "I forgot to say what I wanted just now, but now I know again. Zhangmen-shixiong had written a letter to me about a floor that needed fixing, so I brought some desciples over who will take on that task and I thought that meanwhile I could pay a visit to the two of you."