Chapter 26

Shen Qingqiu wanted nothing more than to take a bath and put on fresh clothes, but first he had to bring home a bunch of people safely. He was annoyed by the resistance these people where putting up. Instead of being happy that they've been saved from becoming food, they whined around about wanting to go back to their 'Meimei'. Shen Qingqiu wished he had some sort of rope with him to tie those guys up.

In the end he was so annoyed that he searched the next best river and just pushed everyone inside. After pulling out the drenched men they were shivering, but at least they had stopped being annoying. There was only one person who was allowed to stay dry. The man from that minor sect whom they had let Meiyin divine. The man had been behaving good and even helped them with the others.

Once the other men had been dipped into the water they began walking on their own. They didn't speak however, instead they stared down at their feet as they walked and stayed as silent as they could.

Once they reached the city they were immediately surrounded by people. The people hectically spoke amongst one another, some even happily exclaimed when they saw a friend or family member before they pulled that person out of the group.

"Immortal masters, you have returned!" on of the men they had met in the tavern said overjoyed "How did you manage to bring them back? Where have they been?"

Shen Qingqiu had to suppress the urge to throw the man a glare. The first question wounded very much to him as if the man was implying that he was surprised that they had been able to bring back even one person. He had already been laughing at them when they had proposed that they would help and now he was here again doubting them even when they brought the people back as if they could never be able to do that and surely must have had help.

"Sir, you're treating this like we have set out to intrude the lair of a heavenly demon," Shen Qingqiu said, pretending to be friendly, "We merely retrieved these men from a succubus cave. I fail to understand how every single one of these men failed to bring them back."

"A succubus cave?" the man asked and looked at the people that were brought back, "They were with succubi? Now things become a bit clearer..."

"The immortal masters withstood the advances of succubi?" a woman asked, her eyes full of admiration "How impressive!"

The man who had spoken earlier just laughed. "I don't know what's so impressive about that. I get why they've had it so easy getting the people out. I could've done it myself if I'd known it was just succubi."

Shen Qingqiu felt his facial muscles twitch at that comment. He wanted to shoot back a comment when someone else already did it for him.

"You have been asked many times to help searching them and every time you found a stupid excuse not to!" the woman yelled at the man "You weren't even brave enough to go with a group of twelve people and these two men went alone and retrieved them from the lair of a demon known to be able to make whole armies unable to resist! If you had even as much courage as they have inside one of their fingernails you would not spout this nonesense!"

The man was taken aback. He looked angry, but instead of firing back he simply gritted his teeth and kept silent.

"Did the immortal masters have a tough fight?" the woman asked, turning back to Shen Qingqiu, "I heard succubi have many foul tricks up their sleeve, especially for men. They know no halt when the men look good additionally to that."

Shen Qingqiu looked at the woman for a moment and noticed that her cheeks were faintly red. He wondered if the two of them were really that good looking or if she was just excited talking to someone who had just rescued a bunch of people from demons.