Chapter 23

Shen Qingqiu sighed from deep within his heart and shook his head. Even Yue Qingyuan frowned a little. They had never seen a so badly performed move before. Luo Binghe didn't lack foundation at all, but he was missing the grace and elegance required to a a martial artist.

Next to him even Ming Fan looked like a floating fairy while Luo Binghe was more like barbarian that clumsily walks through a garden, trampling all the flowers in his path. The kid put way too much force into his moves, causing the moves to look awful.

"Okay, stop," Shen Qingqiu commanded, "This master will show you. One can't look at this without wanting to cry..."

Shen Qingqiu took out his sword and performed the move once. His sword flew through the air, making a quiet whistling sound as it cut through it. Shen Qingqiu couldn't resist the urge to pose a bit and incorporated a small slash downwards that released enough power to make his hair and robes flutter, but didn't damage the ground. Or so he had planned. Luckily they were in the bamboo forest and not on any flooring they'd have to repair.

Luo Binghe stared at Shen Qingqiu with big eyes. His heart was beating very fast for some reason. He had known Shen Qingqiu must be powerful, but he hadn't anticipated that he would be this graceful too. The move looked totally different on him than on the desciples who had shown him how to do it. Luo Binghe was too mesmerized to repeat the move again.

Shen Qingqiu was proud that he had managed to impress the boy like this, but he was also impatient.

"Luo Binghe, are you a stone column or something? Repeat the move again. And don't treat the sword like an axe again that you're chopping wood with or I'm going to make you chop wood with it for real," Shen Qingqiu commanded.

"Y-yes, Shizun," Luo Binghe quickly said, snapping out of his trance. He took a stance again and carefully performed the move. He was still clumsy, but at least he wasn't swinging his sword like a barbarian anymore.

"Better. Still awful, but better. Look at how Yingying is doing it. Soft swings, not one amiss, may still be a bit clumsy, but all in all very good. This is how it should look on you when you're done."

"Yes, Shizun," Luo Binghe replied, looking down at the ground.

"Train with her. This master will go observe the guqin practice. You will come find me once you managed to do it right."

"Yes, Shizun," Luo Binghe said again.

Ning Yingying's face beamed with a smile. She came immediately ran to Luo Binghe.

"Come, A-Luo," she said excitedly as she grabbed his arm, "I will show you!"

The second Shen Qingqiu heard that nickname his entire body froze up. He stood in place like his feet had been glued to the ground beneath him. His face had started twitching like he had gone mad. Luckily the desciples were only able to see his trembling shoulders, otherwise they would have been scared out of their mind.

Yue Qingyuan's eyes widened. He took a step towards Shen Qingqiu, wanting to put his arms around him, but not daring to just yet. He knew exactly what had tipped the other man off. He had never personally heard Qiu Haitang call her brother this, but he assumed that this must be the reason, that this had been her nickname for him. Anything else would not have made sense to have caused such a reaction.

Luo Binghe had looked at Shen Qingqiu this whole time and immediately noticed the change the second Ning Yingying had spoken out the name. Before he could even start the word 'Shizun', Shen Qingqiu abruptly spoke up.

"I don't ever wish to hear that name again! Understood?"

Before anyone could say a word in reply, he already scurried away. Yue Qingyuan followed on his heals. Ning Yingying flinched when she was being yelled at and tears welled up in her eyes. She let go of Luo Binghe arm to wipe them away.