Chapter 28

In the morning after Shen Yuan had woken up and gone to greet the peaklords. He noticed that something was off about Shen Qingqiu and Yue Qingyuan. Even more so than the day before. They seemed a bit hectical. Shen Yuan didn't think anything of it though, until they told Liu Qingge and him at the breakfast table that they should head back to Cang Qiong Mountain without them and they would follow in about three weeks.

"Haven't you been on vacation long enough?" Liu Qingge asked grumpily, "I'm starting to get tired of handling both of your work."

"You're not even doing it alone," Shen Qingqiu argued, "Qi-shimei and Shang Qinghua are helping you. And we've got things to do that are important. Not just for us, but for the sect."

Liu Qingge just rolled his eyes and went back to eating. Shen Yuan didn't interfere, he just quietly ate his food and occasionally looked up at the two men across from him. Even as they were talking, it was the same picture again. Yue Qingyuan dropping food into Shen Qingqiu's bowl and Shen Qingqiu munching it down. After a while Shen Yuan spoke up after all.

"Might I ask why you are on vacation?"

"Originally it was merely to relax a little," Yue Qingyuan explained, "But then we had a few things we needed to do outside of the mountain."

"We wanted to go earlier, but I just recently accepted a new desciple," Shen Qingqiu added, "He is a bit clumsy so I wanted to make sure that he had a bit guidance before I left. The boy is very talented. It would be a shame if it went to waste because of wrong techniques."

Yeah. And you're oh so worried about your desciple failing. Especially Luo Binghe, Shen Yuan thought, And then you used a bunch of money to help out women in need. Sure...

"All in all it was relaxing though. Although we had to do something, we still managed to spend a good time," Yue Qingyuan said with a smile, "We dined together and watched a few operas. And even just taking a walk was nice."

"You're just easy to please," Shen Qingqiu joked.

"Only if you're doing it," Yue Qingyuan replied.

Liu Qingge coughed. "Please spare me," he begged, "I already had to watch the two of you cuddle like young lovers. I've been through enough."

Shen Qingqiu couldn't help but let out a small laugh at that. Shen Yuan frowned. Thus was going a very weird direction that he didn't really want to think about. His sister had annoyed him enough with her yaoi and BL stuff that he already had nightmares about it.

"You two seem rather close," Shen Yuan commented despite himself, regretting it immediately. Had that sounded too forward for a desciple?

But the two men didn't mind it at all. They just laughed it off.

"I think it would be best to tell you before you misunderstand something or get scared once you find out," Yue Qingyuan said, "Your shishu and are indeed very close. Him and I are married. Uh...Shen Yuan?"

Shen Yuan miss swallowed the tea he had just been drinking and was coughing violently. Shen Qingqiu wordlessly got up and began hitting Shen Yuan's back until his coughing had calmed down.

"Are you trying to fool me?" he gasped out, "You two... You... You're kidding, right?"

Yue Qingyuan shook his head with a frown. Shen Yuan stared at them. He was pretty sure that this had not been in the novel. He surely would have remembered...this. In Proud Immortal Demon Way Shen Qingqiu was known as a lustrous man, chasing after married and unmarried women alike. How could he suddenly be gay?! Something wasn't right. Plus, this was a stallion novel!

"That's...that's..." Shen Yuan stammered before forcing out, "That's wonderful. I didn't know that inter sect marriage was allowed."

"It's rare, but no one would tell a sect leader what they could do," Liu Qingge explained and stuffed a steamed bun into his mouth.