Chapter 35

Shen Qingqiu lay in bed and waited patiently. Of course he had noticed that Yue Qingyuan had left. In fact, he had noticed the second he got up. Even if he had slept extremely deeply, he would have noticed that the man that had clung to him the whole night had suddenly stopped holding him, causing the man who only slept with a very thin blanket to feel cold immediately.

He didn't really mind waiting. He wasn't really worried that Yue Qingyuan had done something stupid again, not after Shen Qingqiu had told him that they were married. Yue Qingyuan had been through this before so now it was Shen Qingqiu's time to wait a little. Even though it was starting to take a bit long...

Shen Qingqiu looked out of the window to watch the sun rise outside. It was a rather peaceful morning. The weather was clear and he could already hear a few disciples running about, training. He thought he should probably be looking after his disciples too today. Qi Qingqi had been right with one thing, he had really neglected them a little.

Shen Qingqiu wondered if they had made any progress at all. Maybe Ning Yingying had finally managed to remember that one song she always messed up when playing. Or maybe Ming Fan had finally gotten the hang of that one fighting move. And maybe Luo Binghe had learned to be a bit more careful when using his strength during combat.

As he was thinking fondly of his disciples, Shen Qingqiu heard the noise of a door opening. Quickly he laid back the way he had before and closed his eyes. If Yue Qingyuan could sneak attack him upon returning, then he could too. As soon as the man would lay down, he would just pull his blanket over his head and tickle him until he begged for mercy.

The mere thought of that made Shen Qingqiu want to grin widely, but he had to keep it in, so he wouldn't alert Yue Qingyuan. He gripped the edge of the blanket and waited. Shen Qingqiu could hear how the door to the bedroom got pushed open slowly, the sound followed by that of careful footsteps on the wooden floorboards.

The steps slowly approached the bed until they came to a halt at the height of Shen Qingqiu's head. Shen Qingqiu waited for Yue Qingyuan to finally lay down, but he didn't. He just kept standing there beside the bed.

If Shen Qingqiu had opened his eyes now, he would have seen that Yue Qingyuan was smiling down at him. Of course he could tell that Shen Qingqiu was only feigning sleep. The man's breathing was way too fast and the corners of his mouth kept twitching upwards, despite his attempts to keep them down.

Shen Qingqiu was starting to get a bit impatient. He could barely hold still now. He himself was surprised by how little self control he possessed when it came to such things. Maybe this playful behavior was another trait he had taken over from Shen Jiu back then. Just like his excessive candy consumption, his love for painting and his habit to blow bubbles in the bathtub.

Yue Qingyuan was wondering how long he would have to stand here until Shen Qingqiu lost his patience and opened his eyes. He was willing to wait and see, but he had a way to quicken up the process a little. He pulled out the paper bag he had gotten from the stall earlier and pulled out the contents.

Shen Qingqiu was confused when he heard the rustling. He wanted to open his eyes, but he was too stubborn to do so. That was until his nose started picking up the scent. This wonderful, sweet scent. Without his control, his nose started twitching and his head moved in the direction of the source to the scent. The source moved a couple of times, making his head move along with it. After Shen Qingqiu accepted that his cover was blown, he blinked his eyes open to look at Yue Qingyuan. The man was smiling gently down at him with a look on his face as if he had never seen something better than this.

Shen Qingqiu's gaze fell on what Yue Qingyuan was holding and it instantly dawned on him why he had been unable to control himself. It was candied fruit. Of course.