Chapter 41

It was still fairly early in the morning when Shen Yuan roughly knocked at the door of Shang Qinghua’s bedroom. Naturally it took a little for the man to answer, but Shen Yuan didn’t care if he had only just woken up, he had something important to tell him and wasn’t planning on waiting. Without waiting for an answer, he just pushed open the door to a totally dead-looking Shang Qinghua raising his head from his desk, a sheet of paper sticking to his cheek with a trail of saliva coming from his mouth. It appeared that he had fallen asleep while working.

“Yo, Trash-bro, you know your bed is standing in the other corner of the room?” Shen Yuan asked, taking a seat on the edge of said bed since the chair was occupied.

“I’m well aware, but Cucumface-bro knows that I have to do basically the whole administration for the entire mountain and that takes me hours to do, because my disciples are good-for-nothings,” Shang Qinghua grumbled, plucking the sheet of paper from his cheek, “What do you want? I have to finish writing this before picking up my daily beating from Mobei.”

“You won’t be in such a hurry anymore after hearing what I have to say,” Shen Yuan said, crossing one leg over the other in a confident manner, “Shen Qingqiu and Yue Qingyuan know.”

“Know what?” Shang Qinghua asked, slightly panicked. ‘Know’ could mean anything from them knowing that they were transmigraters to them knowing about him ‘spying’ for movie-jun, so obviously he would be a bit scared even by such a vague statement. But he didn’t expect what was going to follow.

“They know about a certain ‘other obtain’ that fate could have taken,” Shen Yuan replied, “You know what that means, right? They know about your shitty excuse of a novel. Or at least the plot of it concerning them. And they know about Binghe’s part in this.”

“Th-they what? This should be impossible…” Shang Qignhua muttered, “How do you know?”

“Shishu’s…adoptive mother mentioned that she had been told by a fortune teller that she had to thank a certain immortal master for her fate being changed and when Shen Qingqiu showed a bit of displeasure of what said changed fate had lead to Yue Qingyuan said something about the alternative not being rather favorable and I have never seen Shen Qingqiu pale so quickly. And regarding Binghe… They seem strangely on edge around him, especially Yue Qingyuan. Whenever he gets closer to Shen Qingqiu it’s like his eyes are glued on the kid as if he was a venomous snake.”

Shang Qinghua massaged his temples as he felt an impending headache. “This might cause some problems…” he mumbled, “System, what are the consequences of them knowing about being in a book or knowing about their ‘other life’?” He was silent for a little, only bringing forth a little ‘Oh’ after he had heard what the System had to say.

“What ‘Oh’?” Shen Yuan asked impatiently, “What did it say?”

“No consequences for us apparently. At least from the System’s side,” Shang Qinghua replied, “Rest is some rambling about it influencing the plot. Obviously, like how couldn’t it, but i stopped paying attention after it said that first part.”

“Sure that your disciples are the good-for-nothings?” Shen Yuan asked, annoyed, “You really don’t care about anything. Do you not care at all that they are now biased towards Binghe? Or that they might get paranoid?”

“Well, knowing has the positive part of them appreciating what they have now even more and concerning Luo Binghe, they haven’t treated him poorly and haven’t thrown him out of the sect either, so i don’t worry about that. They aren’t stupid, you know and the nice Shen Qingqiu is very fair and knows how to deal with that I’m sure. I even think that they'll treat him rather good. Don’t worry ‘bout it. Why don’t we go eat something instead of worrying, hm?”