YOUNG PARANORMAL EXPLORERS

~ TWO YEARS LATER ~

EYE OF EARTH HEADQUARTERS

ITALY, POVEGLIANO VERONESE

THURSDAY, 7:45 PM

A light source from a flashlight illuminated the time worn document as it was stepped on by a boy wandering around the abandoned structure with his friends.

Peter: "Eyes wide open and steps slow! The risk of the floor collapsing or the presence of demons is high! It must be around here, I can feel it." he said optimistically, illuminating the pitch black structure with firm steps.

Thomas: "Dude, what could possibly go wrong? There is no one living there, let alone demons! It's just us... and if there should be surely someone I'll concoct it for the holidays with my baseball bat!!!" he said amicably, holding a baseball bat over one shoulder.

Sofia: "Are you sure? You would run away like a coward as soon as you saw one. I remind you that now the murderous demons that Eye Of Earth persecuted years ago are now our friends... I mean, not with us directly but in general. Besides, we are not here to fight, we just need to find an old diary for our research."

Thomas: "Listen to me smarty pants friend, I am not afraid of anything!!! Who defended you when you were bullied just because you are a scholar? Who helped you from the Ravens? And I was about to be stabbed in the throat, so Sofia you should apologize..."

His theses were interrupted by a sound of an object falling into the dark structure in the distance.

Thomas: "AHHHHH! WHO'S THERE?! SHOW YOURSELF!!!" he screamed in fright as he fumbled his baseball bat in the direction of the noise while his friends stopped staring in complete anxiety at the darkened lobby.

But soon after, Zoe calmed them down:

Zoe: "Sofia has a point! It was simply a falling object or piece of structure. Come on, guys, let's get on with it! According to the sources traced by the police, Ethan possessed a cursed book that allowed him to be the most powerful human being in the world. Only that greed and madness had blinded him, remaining then a victim of himself." she narrated as they made their way through destroyed documents and furniture placed in the hallway.

Peter: "The only thing I don't understand is why did he try to take over our school? That book you were talking about earlier is lost, no one knows where it is. Maybe, if we are lucky, we can find it in Ethan's office or talk to I.M.P., assuming they visit Carlo Anti these days."

Thomas: "Peter, that book is one of the most powerful objects in the whole universe! It has drugged that leader with its negative aura and you think it's a piece of cake to find it? At the miminum a dead rat will be waiting for us in that office..." he said disgusted at the idea.

Sofia: "Come on, Thomas!!! Disgusting!!! Why don't you shut your mouth instead of being so paranoid?! And stop complaining, we are here to find the key that will allow us to become paranormal professionals" she said irritably, turning to Thomas in a loud voice.

Zoe: "Guys! Get a grip on yourselves!" she exclaimed.

Thomas: "Stop making fun of me just because..."

Suddenly a loud noise startled the four boys as a light from a room shrouded in the darkness of the structure caught their attention. They stood petrified on the spot with their hearts slowly beginning to beat faster and faster from fear.

Peter: "T-This situation... I don't like it... at all." he stammered in terror as he stared at what appeared to be the light of a candle.

They remained silent so that a shadow of a figure walked into the candle lit room. The boys grew more and more panicked thinking that they had to get out immediately before something bad happened to them.