PAIMON'S ARRIVAL... OR ALMOST

~ RIFUGIO PRIMANEVE ~

ITALY, LESSINIA

TUESDAY, 5:34 PM

In the meantime that the protagonists were trying to clarify themselves, a pickup truck stopped at a bar as blinding headlights illuminated the area. Then Thomas got out of the vehicle, walked to the horizontal steel bar and, lifting one end, pushed the bar with effort toward the edges of the snowy path. He hurried back to the car by carefully driving up a hill and parked the pickup near the hut. The Primaneve Lodge was 1766 meters above sea level on one of the highest mountains in the area where one could enjoy a breathtaking 360 degree view of the surrounding mountains. It was so famous because of its iconic tall telecommunication antenna placed behind the peach orange colored shelter. There was a large wooden terrace surrounding the entrance complete with tables, benches, planters, a fake well, and a carved wooden statue representing an eagle. If you went down a small slope there was a gray shed where snowplows and snowcats were housed, useful for clearing snow from the path. Higher up, behind the shelter, right out of the roof was the giant antenna wrapped in white dishes of different sizes. At the foot of the structure, if one descended metal stairs, in addition to reaching a large snowy area, one could visit a small church where the face of Jesus was drawn on the wall. The place was isolated from the rest of the world, it was eerie and fascinating at the same time. The Immediate Paranormal Professionals were alone among strong gusts of wind and high icy snow, the mountains could not be seen much, but their white faces of anxiety and excitement could be seen more. With slow, high steps they descended to the wooden terrace to observe the place.

Thomas: "This place looks like a cemetery, there is no one there at all!" he said surprised and shivering with cold.

Peter: "That's why we came here!" he said while observing the mountains with binoculars.

Peter: "Can't see a damn thing!" he exclaimed irritably as he placed the telescope back in his pocket.

Meanwhile, Zoe placed a computer on one of the tables attempting to connect to the antenna.

Zoe: "That's the plan everybody! Once I connect to the antenna behind us, this receiver will signal me with static beeps the energy source to power the charges of the "Electrogun". In the meantime, Peter prepares to bring in Paimon, all clear?" she asked as she typed some commands into the terminal with trembling fingers, looking like a real hacker.

Sofia: "I have a question! Why do you have to get electricity from here if you could just buy batteries or head to a power plant? Is this really necessary?" she asked curiously, crossing her arms.

Zoe: "Leave it to the expert. They would never let me into a power plant, besides sneaking in is crazy! To send that behemoth's nervous system into a tailspin, if there is such a thing, you need a great deal of electrical discharge and I have found that more than 50,000 volts pass underneath!" she said handling the receiver.

Thomas: "Impossible! A power plant lowers voltage levels because of transformers! You can't be that serious! Can you, folks?" he asked puzzled.

Peter: "It is not my field unfortunately, only Zoe knows more about it than we do, she is the smartest one." he said smiling.

Zoe: "I take that as a compliment, millions of electrical charges pass between pylons that could roast you in an instant. The source to produce it is through the Tesla coil, invented by engineer Nikola Tesla, a genius! I talked to the owners of the shelter and they told me they own a very old one. If I can get it working, Electrogun will be ready!" she exclaimed excitedly.