chapter 4

*Sam POV*
I was working like any other day and it was very quiet but that was you get at 12:25 pm while you work here but I was cleaning some cups when I hear the door open and this guy walks in and I know him from somewhere but where. Oh it's on the tip of my tongue he walked up to the counter and I dried my hands and walked over to him "hi what can I get you today?" I asked and he just looked st me and just stared at me I was slightly freaked out "are you ok?" I asked him trying not to freak him out as well he kinda panicked "em yes can I get a vanilla latte please?" He asked and I nodded "can I ask you a question" I nodded "were you at the Colby concert the other night?" He asked "I was erred you there?" I asked him "I was but-" I had to interrupted him "sorry I just need a name for the coffee" I told him "oh Colby Brock" he told me and I froze.

"Colby?" My voice had softened "yeah?" I think he was expecting me to scream but no " I end my shift in an hour do you have a concert tonight?" I asked "no its a break day for me" he told me "ok can you stay for another hour till me shift ends so I can talk to you please" I asked and he nodded in agreement.

Ok I know it's gonna seem like I'm about to kidnap this guy but I'm not it's him it my long lost friend I was so excited the about 30 minutes before my shift ends I started to clean up everything by the time I was done it was now 5:55 pm so I put a closed sign in the window and I saw that Colby was still sat at the same table so I put my apron away and I sat at the table with him "so what did you want to talk about?" He asked "I heard you have been looking for your long lost friend?" I asked "yeah I have been looking for him ever since I moved house but I've no luck" he told me and he look really sad "well I ahev been looking for mine as well" I told him and he looked up "you have?" He asked and I nodded "it sucks doesn't it you are missing your other half and you can't find them" he said and looked down "yeah and when you started a YouTube together that you never got to finish" I told him and he looked at me suddenly "you made a YouTube channel with your friend?" He asked and I nodded "so did I hey how about we say our channel names at the same time to see how similar they are?" He suggested "wouldn't that make it more difficult to hear each other" I told him and he realised.

*Colby POV *
I had been talking to the batista for about an hour and we had alot in common he made a YouTube channel with his friends, he is from Kansas, he went to the same high school as me and lost his friend in the same year I was in. Its crazy how close this is honestly madness. I look at him and he was laughing at something i said and he looked so familiar I swear it's on the tip on my tongue. Suddenly as I'm trying to figure out were I've seen this guy my phone rang and it was my manager she was freaking out because I wasn't in my hotel room and just wasn't in the hotel it's self so I told her I'll be back soon "em that was my manager I have to go back to my hotel" I told him "oh I can give you a ride if you want me too" he offered and I know this could be the worst idea of my life but I agreed.

We left the cafe and we got to his car once we got in my favourite smells is liek you know that library and coffee mixed together but it's smells good that is what his car smells like and I really like it. It actually made me smile "what are you smiling about?" He asked "oh your car has that nice library coffee smell to it and it's my favourite smell" I told him and he nodded we drive to the hotel we had the radio on we were sat in a comfortable silence until my song for my long lost friend started play and my mood just changed without warning.

*Sam POV*
As I was driving him back to his hotel I noticed his mood had changed I could feel it even though I wasn't looking at him "are you ok?" I asked and he juts nodded we came to a red light and I look at him dead in the eyes "you know you can talk to me if something is bothering you" I told him with a nice tone to my voice he looked back at him "this song was written for my friend I hoped that he would find it and message my on Instagram but he never did" he explained to me 'the song is speakers of you wanted to know'  "well what if he did hear it but was just to busy to answer and he forgot about it" he explained "I guess that makes sence" he told me the had turned green and I kept driving once we arrived at the hotel. I looked at him "'hey this might be weird but can I have your number?" I asked and he agreed and we exchanged numbers "oh I forgot to ask your name" he told me "oh how rude of me my name is Sam" I told him and he nodded at me "thank you for the lift by the way I really appreciate it" he said to me with a smile and we said our goodbyes and I watched him be greeted by an older woman and I drove home to Kat and Stas who must be worried because I'm not back and its now 8:46 pm.

Once I walked into the house I was knocked to the floor and I just heard crying "oh girls whats wrong? Why are you crying?" I asked worried "w-we though y-you l-le-left us" Stas said though tears "oh no girls I would never I just lost track of time I'm so sorry" I held them both tight untilmtbey both stopped crying and we got up and I made them sandwiches as it was too late for a proper dinner. Once they at that I sent them to bed as they had school the next morning I sat in the living room and my phone buzzed it was Colby I sat on the couch and eventually fell asleep.

I was woken up by Stas who was dressed and ready for school I quickly sat up and looked around and saw Kat was also ready "you both got ready on time without me having to get you out of bed?" I questioned "well my alarm went off but you also hadn't come to wake us up so I came downstairs and saw you were asleep so I told Kat and we just got dressed and had some toast" she told me with a smile "woah well done so you can get up on time" I said to them and they laughed I git off the couch and drove them to school.

When I finally got home my phone buzzed I looked and it was colby it wasn't anything amazing it was just a 'hey :)' I replied and we were texting for I don't even how long but by the time I knew I had to get house work done I didn't have work today so I could get a lot done so when I have to pick up the girls from their after school club it will be 6:30 pm so I can make food and then we can watch a film as its Friday night so our film night.

I drove to pick the girls up and they were outside the gate talking to someone and laughing I pulled up next to they and rolled down the window and the person they were talking to was none other that Colby I looked st the girls then at him "Sam hey you remember the guy who held the concert the other day yeah this is him" Kat told me and Stas nodded "oh hey Sam your sisters are so cute and they told me all about you" Colby told me with a smile "is this what I get for giving you a ride back to your hotel" I told him and he nodded while laughing "you gave him a lift home?!?!?" Kat and Stas said in unison which made both me and Colby laugh "hey do you know where 'made up road in Kansas' is?" Colby asked "yeah we live there" I told him with a smile "ah don't think I could get a lift do you?" He asked "fine but you own me this time" I told him rolling my eyes "girls can you get in the back?" I asked and they got in with no questions asked we were all talking about Kat and Stas after school club "so we are learning this new song and it's called 'six' and it's from the musical six do you want to here it?" Stas asked "em yes I love that musical" I told them and they put it on for us.

"Wow you girls have to sing that?" Colby asked and that's all we did just talk about six and their music club the whole way home.

*Colby POV*
We soon arrive in my old neighbourhood and nothing has changed we all got out the car a woman was outside watering her plants amd she saw the girls and Sam "hey Sam oh are you not working tonight?" She asked "no I'm not finally got a day off" he replied "good you need it how are you girls doing?" She asked "we are doing great how are you doing?" They both replied "oh I'm doing fine just waiting for me son to come and visit me he should be here soon" she told us "aww that's nice that he is coming to see you" Sam said to her and she nodded I had just been amazed by the neighbourhood that I finally looked at the woman.

"Mum?"

□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■
Hi guys that you for reading this chapter i hope you are enjoying the book so far and I hope you are excited for the next one again thank you for reading hope you have a good day or night