Chapter 4: A Deluxe Experience

Kiloude Station

Kiloude City, southern Kalos

Almost an hour after the group's first view of Kiloude City, their train eventually rolled into Kiloude Station and slowed down to a gradual stop. Once it did, the doors automatically slid open, allowing Ash, Serena, Clemont, Bonnie, and the rest of their group to exit their carriage with the other passengers. As soon as they all got out and found a clearing in the train station, Serena gawked in awe at her current surroundings.

"Wow, I can't believe we're here!" she exclaimed in excitement. "Kiloude City, the very hometown of the Kalos Queen Aria!"

"It's quite a sight, alright!" added Ash enthusiastically, though his auburn eyes were glued to the appealing ice cream stand situated at the corner of the station.

"Pika-pika!" Pikachu squeaked in agreement.

"Uh, pardon me for asking, but where exactly are we going to be staying at?" Clemont asked.

"Oh, you don't have to worry about that, Clemont," Grace replied, as she gestured to herself proudly. "I managed to book ourselves rooms at the local Blue Suns Deluxe Hotel!"

Serena, Clemont, and Bonnie's jaws all dropped open with profound shock. "THE BLUE SUNS DELUXE HOTEL?!" they exclaimed simultaneously.

"The five-star hotel chain that's one of the top five most highly-rated hotel chains in the world?!" added Clemont incredulously.

"Yes, that Blue Suns Deluxe Hotel." The former jockey then raised her index finger. "And it's no joke, might I add!"

"Fletch, fletchling!" chirped Fletchling, who was now perched on Grace's shoulder.

Shauna started giggling at Serena, Clemont, and Bonnie's expressions. "Wow, Tierno, Trevor, and I had those exact expressions when your mom told us, Serena," she said.

"Wow, Mom..." Serena breathed out in amazement. "I...I didn't know you had that kind of money..."

"Oh, but it's not just my money, sweetie." Grace pointed at Calem, Layla, and Moose, who all smiled proudly at Serena. "They donated a share of the money. And it's not just them. Everyone all the way from Johto to Unova made a donation, one way or another!"

The Performer blinked twice in response. "Everyone in the family...?"

"Yep! You have no idea how many strings I had to pull just so I could pitch in," Calem replied jokingly.

"Not everyone may have been able to make it to the party at Vaniville," Grace added, "but they wanted to show their pride in you all the same."

"Wow..." Serena's sapphire-blue eyes started shimmering with awe. Her entire family, not just her cousin, aunt, and uncle, contributed to this... "Thanks, you guys..."

"Hey," Moose replied, "after all that hard work you put into your career as a Pokémon Performer, you deserve every last reward." He sheepishly rubbed the back of his head. "Even if it means making my wallet cry, we'll pay it for you."

"Wow!" Bonnie exclaimed. "You have such an awesome family, Serena!"

"Nenene!" added Dedenne.

"And a big one too, apparently," Clemont remarked, adjusting his glasses as he recalled Grace's earlier statement. "Grace, you said you've got family living in other regions?"

Grace nodded. "That's right. The Gabena family is pretty large, and we live in a lot of places. It all started with the matriarch, our great-grandmother. Believe it or not, by the time she was 45, she had twenty children."