Chapter 10: Battle on the Kiloude Streets

The Blue Suns Deluxe Hotel

Selene, Grace, Layla, Moose, Summer, Nurse Joy, and many other people continued to watch the live TV report in the hotel lobby. Some were gasping in shock; others were awed. Unbeknownst to everyone else, Jessie, James, and Meowth were all hiding behind a large plant in the corner, watching the TV screen as well.

Grace's gaze hardened with concern, and the jockey's grip on Selene tightened slightly. Her other hand went up to her chest, directly over her heart, just like her future granddaughter.

"Be careful, Serena..." she thought worriedly.

Room 30001

Amelia gasped in shock as she saw the live footage of Serena, Ash, and their Pokémon confronting Parker and Sceptile. Her Dragonair and Espeon looked at her with apprehensive expressions...which soon turned into ones of fear when their Trainer's face started to turn red. Her indigo eyes were literally blazing with fury as the pupils remained transfixed to the TV screen.

Adam, on the other hand, looked on with absolute amazement...but not at Serena and Ash.

The Laurier Maison

Aria, Foster, Palermo, Paris, Amara, and their Pokémon were in the living room watching a TV set of their own. They had been watching a report on tomorrow's Exhibition Showcase when it abruptly switched out to a live report of an intense battle near the Star Inn in downtown Kiloude. Aria and Palermo's eyes widened at the sight of Serena.

"Oh, my goodness," Palermo said with shock. "It's her!"

"Serena?!" Aria exclaimed, shooting up from her chair and startling her Delphox in the process.

A Pokémon Center
Between Vaniville Town and Kiloude City

Several Trainers and Pokémon, as well as the resident Nurse Joy and Wigglytuff, were intently watching the live report as well on the Pokémon Center's own TV. One of the Trainers, a certain brown-haired Trainer wearing a red tennis visor, stood up with a gasp upon recognizing Serena, Ash, Clemont, Bonnie, and Parker. Nurse Joy was the first to notice this.

"Is-Is everything alright there...?" the nurse asked.

But the Trainer didn't say anything. Instead, he ran out of the building as fast as he possibly could, followed closely by his Emboar.

In the skies of Kiloude City

Up in the skies, unknown to absolutely everyone down below, about a half-dozen Hoppip, Skiploom, and Jumpluff were in the air. Minuscule devices that seemed to be a combination of flashlights and cameras were strapped onto each of their bodies, being so lightweight that they didn't hinder their movements at all.

The Grass/Flying-type Pokémon floated across the sky, silently and methodically recording Parker's battle with the group of meddlesome Trainers at every possible angle.

Near the Star Inn
Downtown Kiloude City

"I should've known you of all people would stick your nose where it doesn't belong..." Parker snarled, "Ketchum."

Ash blinked. "So I guess we know each other in the future?" he asked curiously.

The poacher then sneered maliciously. "I see you're still not that bright." Then, he shrugged dismissively. "But then again, it is the past, after all. I wouldn't expect any less from you."

"Don't you dare insult Ash like that!" Serena screamed.

"Yeah, you tell him, Serena!" Bonnie cheered.