Chapter 9: Pokemon Center Attack

Room 30025, the Blue Suns Deluxe Hotel

Out of nowhere, Ash's auburn eyes flew open, and the raven-haired Trainer shot up on his luxury bed, gasping in shock. In the process, Pikachu fell out of the bed, startled, his sleep interrupted so suddenly. Ash's other Pokémon, who were lying by his bedside, all turned to their Trainer with looks of concern and confusion.

"Pikapi?!" the Mouse Pokémon exclaimed.

Hearing Ash's gasp and Pikachu's cry, Clemont quickly sat up on his bed, while Bonnie's eyes fluttered open groggily.

"Wha...What happened...?" Bonnie asked with exhaustion.

"Nene..." moaned the nearby Dedenne.

"A-Ash?!" Clemont asked, getting out of the bed and approaching his friend. "A-Are you okay? What happened?!"

"Something's...Something's very wrong..." Ash replied, panting. His hand moved instinctively to his chest, over his heart, as he looked out of the dew-coated window. "We gotta get to the Pokémon Center, fast!"

The local Pokémon Center

Heaving out a heavy sigh of irritation, Parker leaned against the secretary's desk and tapped his foot impatiently, all the while looking around the lobby for any possible signs of Celebi's presence. Meanwhile, the exhausted, disaffected woman was still poring through the patient list, searching for Selene Ketchum's name.

As he continued looking, Parker noticed several of the people in the lobby giving him strange and intimidated looks. He ignored those expressions; after all, people always looked at him that way, and he didn't mind that trait of his one bit. In fact, it brought him some comfort knowing he definitely wasn't in some strange dimension where human emotions were a little backwards.

"Yes, yes, Selene Ketchum..." the secretary said. "She's in Room 6, sir."

She pointed towards the aforementioned room, and Parker narrowed his eyes at the door. He couldn't wait to get his hands on that wretched little girl and show her a piece of his mind.

"Thank you, ma'am," he said, his voice a near-snarl as he lowered the sunglasses on his head and pressed a minuscule button on the side-frame. "Your help is very much appreciated..."

"You're very welcome, sir..." the woman droned nonchalantly, completely ignoring Parker as the poacher stalked towards Room 6.

As Parker walked up to the door, the technology of his sunglasses booted up; at the corners of his lenses, a heart monitor, some miniature screens and numbers, and a menu popped up. He pressed the button on the side-frame again; within a split-second, he had infrared vision. Then, he adjusted his vision.

The first thing the Pokémon Poacher saw through the door was Serena, Braixen, Pancham, and Sylveon all waiting for him.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the door, Serena saw the shadows of Parker's legs through the crack underneath the door. When the shadows did not move, and the door did not open, the Performer realized that Parker must've known there was a trap waiting for him.

"Braixen, use Flamethrower!" she commanded.

Braixen fired a stream of flames through the door. But once the fire subsided and the smoke cleared, Serena saw no one through the hole the attack left behind. Though she did hear gasps and cries of shock from the lobby...

"Is the bad man gone, Mommy?" Selene asked from underneath the bed.

Suddenly, the door flew off its hinges, and Serena and her Pokémon narrowly dodged it as it slammed over to the other side of the room. Moments later, Parker stepped into the room, followed by his Trevenant, who had just used its Wood Hammer attack. Serena and her Pokémon all stood back up and positioned themselves between Selene and the poacher, using their bodies as shields.