Chapter 12: Duel Of Dual Ambitions

Room 30025, the Blue Suns Deluxe Hotel
The next day

Ash woke up feeling more relaxed and at peace than ever before. At first, he didn't know why. Then, he concluded that it must be the sweet strawberry scent he was smelling. And then, as his mind began to comprehend his surroundings, and his eyesight started to adjust to the morning lights, he realized that he was cradling something.

Something soft and surprisingly pleasant to the touch.

It took a couple more moments for him to realize that it wasn't something, but someone. Then, the boy realized that it wasn't Selene he was holding.

"Nnnnnggggghhhhh..." Slipping out of her long and peaceful slumber, Serena yawned and smiled feebly. "Morning..."

Ash didn't say anything.

"A-Ash...?"

Serena finally opened her eyes, and then, it took her a couple of moments to realize the situation she was now in.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! OOF!"

Selene had been brushing her teeth diligently in the bathroom for a few minutes with Celebi and Pichu when she heard all the commotion outside. Realizing what had happened, the young girl grinned cheekily at Pichu, who grinned back.

"Hee-hee-hee..." she giggled mischievously.

The Blue Suns penthouse restaurant
Over an hour later

"Morning, guys!" Summer greeted jubilantly as she approached the table belonging to Ash, Serena (who was now back in her original clothes), Selene, and their group. She then noticed the bandage on Ash's misshapen nose, and the ice bag splayed all over Serena's right cheek. "Uhhhhh...what happened to you guys...?"

"You don't wanna know..." both Ash and Serena groaned. Immediately afterwards, they blushed upon realizing they spoke at the same time.

"They slept together," Bonnie replied deviously.

"Oh," Summer responded nonchalantly. Then, her mind finally clicked in place. "Excuse me?"

Bonnie said in a teasing singsong voice, "They slept together on the same-"

"Bonnie," Serena interrupted with a startlingly sweet voice, "so help me, I'll have my Pokémon do unspeakable things to Dedenne and Squishy tonight..."

The blonde girl didn't speak anymore.

"Oooookaaaaayyyyy..." replied Summer. "Anywaaaaay...I just got the call from Officer Jenny. Parker's been locked up in the local jail. He's gonna be arraigned later this evening."

"Arraigned?" Ash repeated. "What's that?"

"A criminal's first appearance in a court of law. Now I know there's some tricky jurisdiction laws going on here, especially concerning Parker's...ahem, temporal origins, but my superiors want to see to it that he's punished for the crimes that he committed in this time period last night."

"What about Parker's Pokémon?" Nate asked.

"Unfortunately, we only have his Sceptile. You guys said he also had a Chesnaught and a Trevenant?" Ash and the others nodded in response. "Well, those two are in the wind. My colleagues are reviewing security footage right now. But so far, we suspect they're holed up somewhere in Kiloude Forest."