Chapter 14: Settling The Exhibition Stage

Laurier Maison

"I guess this is where we part ways for now!"

Upon reaching the hallway that led to the dressing room, Serena, Yancy, Shauna, Miette, and Nini all turned around to look at Ash, Selene, Nate, and the others. All of their Pokémon were sent out: Serena's Braixen, Sylveon, and Pancham; Yancy's Florges, Quilladin, Alolan Ninetales, Tundra Pattern Vivillon, and Spinda; Shauna's Ivysaur, Orange Flower Flabébé, Swirlix, and Gothita; Miette's Slurpuff, male Meowstic, and Togetic; and Nini's Smoochum, Farfetch'd, and Gothita.

"Good luck, you guys!" Trevor exclaimed.

"Yeah," added Calem. "We know you can do it!"

"I have faith in all of you!" Nate declared. He then looked at Yancy with his usual charming smile. "Especially you, Yancy! You'll definitely blow the audience away like usual!"

Yancy's face immediately turned red. "Th-Th-Thank you, N-N-Na-Nate," she stuttered.

Serena looked at Yancy and smiled softly with understanding. The poor pink-haired girl was trying her best to maintain eye contact, but her expression looked absolutely ridiculous as her blue eyes met with Nate's. Her posture was rigid and trembling, and her fists were balled up into awkward-looking fists, as if she was prepared to punch Nate at any moment. It was a surreal sight, since Yancy shared much of her physical characteristics, and even similar tastes in clothing. Was this really how she looked every time she had an intimate moment with Ash...?

Just then, as if the heavens had heard her musings, Miette piped, "What about you, Ash? Do you have faith in Serena blowing the audience away?"

"M-Mi-Miette?!" Serena stuttered.

To the honey-blonde's dismay, Ash replied, "Of course I do! Serena's a great Performer! Probably the greatest I've ever seen! I know she'll do well out there."

"Pika!" Pikachu added in agreement.

Serena's face immediately turned red, just like Yancy's. "Th-Th-Thank you, A-A-A-Ash."

Yancy looked at the younger self of her mother, her eyes widening with surprise. When she was a child, her mother told her stories of all of the experiences that she had with Ash. She also used examples of her old relationship with Ash while sharing advice on how to deal with a crush. Yancy knew her mother had an extremely rough start with Ash, romantically speaking, but to see it in person was an eye-opener in its own right. She could see herself in Serena as the poor honey-blonde tried to maintain eye contact with Ash. In fact...was this really how she looked every time she had an intimate moment with Nate...?

"Wow, what about us?" Shauna asked teasingly, her arms crossed. "Do you have any faith in us, Ash?"

"I do," Calem suddenly replied, catching the tan-skinned girl's attention. "I'm not really the biggest expert in Pokémon Showcases, but I'm sure you'll do fine out there, Shauna, if you're so devoted to them."

Now Serena and Yancy both started to empathize with Shauna as she blushed intensely and started twiddling her fingers nervously.

"O-Oh!" she replied, her voice wavering abruptly. "Th-Th-Thank you, C-C-Ca-Calem."

In the background, unbeknownst to anyone else, Miette closely observed Serena, Yancy, and Shauna one-by-one. The blue-haired Performer was wearing a silly but crafty grin that stretched from ear to ear.

"Alright, out of the way, out of the way!" a familiar voice exclaimed. "Future Kalos Queen coming through!"

Everyone turned around to see a certain magenta-haired, eccentrically-dressed woman sauntering through the startled crowd of attendants, flanked by a peculiar Meowth, a Wobbuffet, and a Super Size Gourgeist. The quartet was closely followed by a blue-haired man, who despite his more modest choice of clothing still stuck out like some sort of tourist. Yancy and Selene both sweat-dropped upon recognizing Jessie, James, and Meowth.