Chapter 15: The Jaw-breaking Jailbreak

Kiloude Jail
The outskirts of Kiloude City

"Get in there, you scum."

The unkempt-haired, poorly-dressed, smelly man nearly stumbled and fell as he was shoved into the cramped jail cell. It smelled just as badly as him, and the only source of light was coming from the lamp that hung from its ceiling.

At that moment, the man spotted who he assumed to be his cellmate. It was an intimidating-looking man man with a startlingly muscular build; sharp, beady eyes; and blond hair cut in a buzz-cut style. He was also wearing military-style clothing consisting of a tight-fitting, white tank-top; a light, jungle-camouflage jacket; jungle-camouflage pants with a thick brown belt; and dark-brown combat boots.

"Uhhhhh..." the first man said slowly, "who's this...?"

"Your newest friend," the guard spat as he slid the iron-barred door shut and locked it. "You two get along now, or you'll be thrown into solitary."

The man warily scanned his cellmate from head to toe. All the while, he couldn't help but feel tense and uneasy. Sure, he had been in the company of stronger men in the past. But there was something about this particular man that told him he was bad news. Whoever he was, he was beyond his league, and there was no telling what would happen if he was crossed in any way.

"Ummmmm," the criminal said, "can I have a different cell?"

"No can do," the guard replied as he spun his keys around on his index finger. "We're at maximum occupancy now."

The criminal frowned flatly. "I saw a bunch of empty cells on the way here..."

...

"Like I said. We're at maximum occupancy. Enjoy your stay, and next time, think about all the poor Pokémon that would suffer without Max Potions and Full Heals."

The guard started walking away, whistling a catchy tune as he strolled along. In outrage, the criminal grabbed the iron bars and called out angrily, "Hey! You get back here! HEY! This is cruel and unusual punishment, I tell you!"

But he no longer got a reply. Once the guard's whistling faded away into the distance, and the only noises in the small block of cells were other inmates lounging around, the criminal turned around and faced his newest companion.

"Y-Yo..." he greeted.

The man narrowed his eyes at him, and the criminal feared he had already irked his cellmate in some way. An awkward and almost deathly silence fell upon the cell for a few seconds. The criminal tried to check, from the corner of his eyes, for anything in the cell that he could use to defend himself. If only he had his Mightyena with him...

"Hello there," the other man finally replied.

The criminal felt immense relief filling up his chest like water being poured into a well, though he refused to show it to his cellmate. He calmly asked, "So, uh...what're you in here for?"

Again, a deathly silence for a few seconds. Then...

"I tried to capture a Celebi and utterly annihilate the children that are the bane of my existence. But I failed." However, the muscular man grinned deviously. "Fortunately, however, this cell will not hold me for long. No cell can hold me. When I get out, I will get my revenge on those accursed children. I will make them cry and writhe. I shall see to it that they regret all the times they meddled in my affairs. And then, I'll get that Celebi and make it suffer for the ridiculous debacle that it forced me to endure. I'll break it. And then, I'll force it to take me back to my original timeline, find my client, and get paid a considerable sum of money. And this time, no one will stop me. No one."