Chapter 7: Beware The Pokemon Poachers

A/N: Before we begin with this chapter, I would like to offer a quick explanation as to why I chose Yancy to be one of Ash and Serena's children, which I know is a bit of an out-of-left-field choice for a character. First off, I understand that Yancy may not look like either of them, judging by her official artwork, but I've actually Googled fanart of her and I saw some images where her hairstyle was more strikingly similar to that of short-haired Serena. Google it if you don't believe me.

Secondly, I've always believed TransceiverShipping (Nate/Yancy) to be quite reminiscent of AmourShipping after reading transcripts of her conversations with the male player character in the "Pokémon Black and White 2" games. As a result, I've always thought it would be perfect as the AmourShipping of the next generation of anime protagonists, if the anime ever comes down to that.

As for Yancy having pink hair in spite of no one in Ash's or Serena's sides of the family having that same trait, well...that's actually a bit important later on, so I won't spoil anything just yet. ;)

Okay, enough rambling! Onward with the chapter! ENJOY!

P.S.: After doing some thinking about it, the story will be 26 chapters long, judging by what I intend to do with it. This is just an estimate, though, and is subject to change.

.
.
.
.

"How about we ask that man over there?" Selene asked, pointing further down one of the hallways. "Maybe he knows the way back!"

"Pichu-pi!" Pichu squeaked, nodding her head in agreement.

Evelyn followed the direction of Selene's index finger and immediately saw the person she was talking about. It was a man who had a muscular build; sharp, beady eyes; and blond hair cut in a buzz-cut. He was also wearing military-style clothing consisting of a tight-fitting, white tank-top; a light, jungle-camouflage jacket; jungle-camouflage pants with a thick brown belt; dark-brown combat boots; and dark sunglasses that were on top of his head at the moment. This man was several yards away, out of earshot, but Evelyn could clearly see the large, conspicuous steel cage in his hand.

"H-H-Him...?" Evelyn asked, sounding suspicious and unsure about the idea.

"Yeah, him!" Selene exclaimed in response. "Come on, Evelyn!"

The little girl took the Performer's hand, and both girls ran down the hallway. But before Selene could call out to the stranger, he had already opened a door and gone inside. The duo ran up to the door before it could close all the way, and Selene caught its knob.

"I r-r-really don't know a-about this, S-Se-Selene..." the blue-haired Performer stuttered apprehensively, before Selene could open the door for the both of them.

"Aw, come on, Evelyn!" Selene replied cheerfully, looking up at her older friend and smiling from ear to ear. "Lighten up and have a lil' adventure!"

"Pichu pichu-pi, pichu-pichu!" added Pichu.

"B-B-But S-Selene-"

"Come on, we're just asking for directions! It can't be that hard to do!"

And with that, Selene opened the door, which led into a small hallway with another door, made of glass, at the other end. Both girls ventured down the hallway, with Evelyn fearfully looking back at the door as it closed on them. Once they approached the other door, Selene opened it, but she stopped after it was ajar for an inch when she saw something through the glass.

At the other end of the door was a small outside garden, and there was a group of people standing there. She couldn't make out their physical descriptions since the glass was too opaque, but she could definitely hear their voices.