Chapter 5: Gifts & Crises

"Good morning, citizens of Kalos! Today, we cover the top headline of the year: Kiloude City's Exhibition Showcase, which is scheduled to begin in three days!

"For those of you who do not know, an Exhibition Showcase is an informal Pokémon Showcase that is held at random times in many different cities located all across the region. Like a regular Showcase, there is a Theme Performance and a Freestyle Performance. However, unlike a regular Showcase, there is no Princess Key as a prize, no voting with a Glow Caster, no Master Class to win. It's all just show for the audience!

"And marking the end of the Exhibition Showcase will be a final, massive performance featuring all of the participants, plus our beloved Kalos Queen Aria! Afterwards, there will be an outdoor dance party scheduled for midnight, to be attended by the Performers and partners of their choice!

"Because of its informality and overall relaxed nature, Exhibition Showcases attract Pokémon Performers from every nook and cranny of the region for an opportunity to test the effectiveness of their performing abilities and relationships with their Pokémon! And this season's Performers deserve it, for this particular Exhibition Showcase is set at the end of said season.

"Of course, this particular Exhibition Showcase has already cemented itself as a defining moment in Pokémon Showcase history. After all, this is the first time in ten years the beautiful and exquisite Kiloude City has hosted a Showcase of any kind, following the tragic passing of revered idol Elle, a horrible event that put a huge dent in Pokémon Showcases for years. And let us just have a moment of silence in honor of her memory... Naturally, this has resulted in a very significant boost of tourism in Kiloude City! Dozens of local businesses are reporting record-breaking sales like no other!

"Indeed, this Exhibition Showcase is going to be a talked-about event in the weeks to come. We will continue to provide live coverage of the event as it happens, so stay tuned!

"Now, in other news, reports of strange loud noises in Kiloude Forest continue coming in..."

The Blue Suns Deluxe Hotel

Serena, Ash, and Bonnie approached the table Grace, Fletchling, Shauna, Tierno, Trevor, Calem, Layla, and Moose were seated at. Unfortunately for them, they didn't see Clemont sitting with them anywhere.

"Hey, do any of you know where Clemont is?" Ash asked.

"I thought he was with you guys," Shauna replied.

"Apparently not."

Bonnie sighed sadly and shrugged. "He's probably lost somewhere," she remarked. "He doesn't have a good sense of direction when he's all by himself."

"We should go find him!" exclaimed Ash. "He's gonna miss out on this awesome lunch!"

"Uhhh...thanks for the concern, Ash," a familiar voice said, "but that really won't be necessary..."

Everyone turned and saw Clemont approaching their table, accompanied by an unfamiliar-looking girl with blue hair and eyes, who was wearing mostly all-blue clothing and red, square glasses. Bonnie puffed her cheeks out in annoyance upon spotting her older brother.

"Clemont, where were you?!" she snapped childishly.

"I got lost looking for you!" the inventor replied defiantly.

"In the penthouse floor of the hotel...?" deadpanned Trevor, his eyebrow raised with curiosity.

"It's a very big penthouse floor, let me tell you!" Then, Clemont smiled and gestured to the girl beside him. "But I was lucky enough to come across her. She helped me find my way back here."