ᴄʜᴀᴘ 8 -ᴇᴡ ᴀ ꜱᴡᴀᴍᴘ-

I stared blankly at the misty forest next to me as Killua and Gon were sitting beside me. Kurapika and Leorio had just came out of the tunnel along with a bunch of other contestants. 

'If were gonna go through that forest I might actually die this time. Pennywise is probably lurking in there.'

As if the examiner guy wanted to torture me, he started to announce something to all of us, "The Millsy Wetlands, also known as Swindler's Swamp. We must cross it to reach phase two of the exam. This place is home to a variety or truly bizarre animals, many of which are crafty and voracious creatures who feast on human prey. So please, be careful."

'Oh how wonderful.'

I sighed and frowned as I stared at the thick fog coating all around the forest. 

Killua and Gon stood up, getting ready to go and I started to stretch my legs a bit before I hopped up from the ground.

The examiner turned around to look at all of us with icy cold eyes and said, "If you're deceived, you will surely die."

A slight shiver made it's way up my spine which made me very uncomfortable. I reached out for the sheep on my head and wrapped my hands around her body, pulling her off of my head and into my hands.

'Just in case an abnormally large bird swoops by and scoops her up.'

As everyone was starting to get freaked out by the examiner's words a loud screeching metal sound came from behind me. I felt a hand quickly snatch my arm and drag me away from where I was standing before. Which was just in time since I would have been squished by that thing or trapped on the other side with that random dude if this person hadn't grabbed me.

I turned my head to see none other then Killua standing there behind me holding my arm. He quickly let go though when I made eye contact with him and looked away from me.

The examiner started to explain to us a bit more about the swamp before he wrapped it up and told us to start following him.

Just as we were about to start running a wimpy voice yelled out to us to the right of me, "Don't fall for it!" I glanced over to see a ugly looking dude that looked like an NPC from one of those adventure games.

"Don't let them fool you." He said with a glare.

'Ew. Just stop talking, I can smell you're un-brushed teeth from here.'

"He lying." He suddenly pointed at our examiner and started to scream which I thought was extremely unnecessary. "That man is lying to you! He's an impostor, a total fraud! I'm the real examiner you got it?!"

I reeled back in disgust when I saw spit come out of the man's mouth as he screamed.

'Gross...'

I stepped back to stand by Gon who was staring at the man confused.

"I'll prove it! Look at this!" The man said as he pulled out a naked-

'Nope I'm done.'

I turned my head away from the scene while the man kept screaming about how the examiner was fake and he was trying to eat all of us.

'You know, even if our examiner is not the real one I like him better since he's quiet.'

Suddenly two cards went flying right in front of my face about a centimeter away from my nose. They flew past me which made my hair blow to the side slightly from the wind. My eyes widened slightly at the sudden flash before my eyes and I glanced over at where the cards flew. When I looked over I spotted two cards fly straight into the 'examiners' chest and cringed.