-ᴄʜᴀᴘ 17- ᴏᴏᴏ, ᴀ ʙᴀʟʟᴏᴏɴ.... ᴡᴀɪᴛ-

I stared at the ugly deformed blue smurf dude lying face first on the floor as the lady in the potato sack explained that smurf wasn't actually dead, just sleeping. 

I raised a brow.

Leorio scoffed under his breath. "This is stupid." He muttered.

I hummed, standing and scooping up Bōshi in one hand and the bread she was nibbling on in the other. I then walked over to Kurapika who was staring at the apple I gave him like I had just shrunken and stole the moon before giving it to him. What does he think I am? Gru? 

I set down the sheep and bread down next to him. He glanced up after I did so and I pointed a finger at Bōshi. "Can you watch her for me?" Kurapika didn't ask for context, which I was thankful for, and he just nodded.

I then walked back towards where I could see the arena better and stood next to Leorio.

"Wake him up." I spoke up, catching the attention of the lady in the potato sack. I heard a light chuckle come out of her mouth. "We can't exactly do that without the help of medics." 

I sighed and nudged past Leorio, walking on the bridge platform and towards the arena. "Uh- hey, Y/n!" Leorio grabbed my wrist and I glanced back. "Chill. I'm not fighting her, I'm just gonna wake the blue guy up." I said, flicking his hand that was holding onto my wrist. "But we can't go over there-." I cut him off. "Did they ever say that?"

At those words, he stared at me for a moment with a conflicted expression before reluctantly letting go of me so I could continue walking over to the arena platform.

I stood next to the blue guy and nudged him with the tip of my shoe. He didn't react. Lifting my leg back, I slammed it into his waist harder. He flinched just barely and my brows raised. Is he already awake?

I looked back up at the lady and saw her eyes narrowed. So she wasn't happy with what I was doing.... interesting. 

I shoved my foot under him and pushed up, flipping him over onto his back.

I then crouched down next to the blue man and placed my hand over his nose hole thingy that he was breathing through. 

"You can't kill him-." The lady started to say but I cut her off. "I'm not. Some people wake up when you cut off their breathing source due a safety response." She stopped speaking and then I noticed the blue guy part open his lips to breath through his mouth instead. I didn't allow him to take a breath though, pushing his jaw closed with my other hand.

I stayed in that position and the smurf continued to not react.

"You're going to kill him at this point." The lady spoke once again and I glanced up, shooting her a skeptical expression. "Do you really care if I end up killing him?" 

She chuckled and shook her head. "I care about the rules." I quirked a brow and let out a half laugh. "Rules? You can't be telling me right now to follow to rules when we're going up against criminals. You guys already have so many offhanded tricks, but do we have to follow the rules if you don't?"

I glanced back down at ugly rusty musty crusty dusty blue man and noticed his hand was twitching. 

Suddenly though, I felt one hand grab my wrist and pull it off blue man's mouth roughly. 

I glanced up and shot the lady a glare as she squeezed my wrist tightly, glaring right back. We both stared at each other, not giving up as I heard the blue man rapidly take in some air.

I looked away once the girl blinked and ripped my wrist away from her grasp.

"I don't know what your plan is, but we are getting out of this tower in time." I muttered towards the girl quietly. I then stood back up and simply turned around, walking back for my team's side of the room.