ᴄʜᴀᴘ 12 -ʙᴀᴛᴛʟᴇ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀ ʙᴏᴜɴᴄʏ ʙᴀʟʟ-

"Something wrong?" A voice suddenly asked which made us all turned over to look at the sorce.

'It's the old chairman guy?'

I stared at the man suspiciously while Killua straight up glared at him and Gon looked a bit tense but mainly just confused.

His wooden shoes made clacking sounds as he walked over to us calmly.

"Mr. Netero." Gon said once the man stopped in front of us. "You didn't see anyone come from that side did you?" He asked while pointing over to the direction I had felt someone staring at me in.

'Oh right thats his name.'

Netero shook his head side to side and answered with, "No I didn't."

Killua scoffed and spoke up, "You're fast, for an old timer."

'Killua seems to have caught on too.'

"Oh that trick?" Netero raised his eyes brows a smiled, "I just barley moved thats all."

The air suddenly got really tense which both Gon and I noticed wrather quickly as Gon looked back and fourth between the two and I just blankly stared.

"What do you want? You don't have anything to do with the exam until the final phase right?" Killua asked, his glare at the old guy getting harsher. "Now, now. No need to be so unkind. I got got a little bord so I decided to look for some company." Netero answered.

'He kinda seems like he's just taunting Killua a bit.'

"By the way, I've been meaning to ask you. Any thoughts on you first attempt on the hunter exam?" Netero asked all three of us with a closed eyed smile on his face which made Gon smile brightly right back. "Yeah! It's a lot of fun! There haven't been any written test yet and I was kinda worried about that!" Gon answered the man happily, seemigly not threatned by his presence unlike Killua over there.

"It's fine I guess." I shurgged not really knowing home to answer, "I just wish there wasn't so much physical activity." I sighed while Netero then moved on to look over at Killua, expecting him to answer too.

"I'm dissapointed honestly. I expected this to be a lot more challenging." Killua spoke, his intense stare at the man not changing even for a split second."But I asume, The next phase will be more ineresting?" Killua asked the old man in a questioning tone which caused him to think for a moment.

"Oh, we'll see" Netero looked off the the side, clearly not giving Killua the answer that he wanted as he said, "Lets go guys." He started to walk off when Netero quickly stopped him, "Wait! Just a moment." He said with that unsettling smile right back on his face again which made me a bit uncomfortable.

Killua paused, not looking back at the man.

"Would you like to play a little game with me?" The old man asked which made Killua slightly tuned back to look at the man a little bit.

"Game?" Gon questioned curiously.

"And if you three can beat me, then I'll make you hunters on the spot!"

"Does it envolve physical activity?" I asked with a raised brow which caused the man to look over at me. He chuckled lightly and said, "I'm afraid so." I sighed. "Then I'm not interested."

'If Killua and Gon get there hunters licences and leave then I'll probably either just drop out of the exam or stick with Kurapika and Leorio so if they do win thats fine I guess.'

"Really?! I'll play!" Gon said excitedly while Killua seemed more hesitant as he turned back to look at the man fully. "What do you say? Well?" He asked Killua.