Chapter 7: Classes

The next morning, fifty princesses dashed about the fifth floor as if it was their wedding day. On the first day of class, they all wanted to make their best impressions on teachers, boys, and anyone else who might lead them to Ever After. When the clock tolled 8:00 a.m., signaling the start of breakfast, not a single girl had put on her clothes.

Y/n was all ready for the day and quietly left her room without waking up Agatha. She knew that Agatha was not a morning person and tried her best to avoid dealing with a moody Agatha.

She walked down the pink stairs and around the corner until she reached the cafeteria, where Evers and Nevers sat on opposite sides of the room. Neither of her friends was in the room yet so she walked up to the cooks, grabbed her breakfast, and sat by herself at a table far from the princes and princesses. It's not like she enjoyed being alone, she just wasn't the best at making friends so she chose to be by herself instead of socializing.

As she chewed away at her food, she heard someone sit in front of her, the sounds of "ooo" from princesses coming right after.

Y/n slowly looked up from her meal and met the blue eyes of the blonde boy she had seen earlier. The same bright smile she saw earlier was spread on his face.

"Hello," the boy said.

"Hi?" Y/n said, confused that he was sitting across from her while the princesses at the other table would gladly accept him.

"You're the new girl. The reader. Aren't you?"

"I have a name you know."

"What's your name then?"

"Aren't you great with the ladies? It's Y/n, what's yours?" She already knew the answer but he didn't know that.

"Tedros Pendragon."

He held out a hand for her to take. Y/n slowly placed her hand out expecting a handshake but instead, he flipped her hand over and kissed the top of it.

"It's very nice to meet you Y/n."

"What did you do that for?" Y/n said, pulling her hand away.

"That's how princes greet princesses."

Y/n made a disgusted face and rubbed the top of her hand to rub the Tedros germs off of her.

"I'm not disgusting, Y/n. I assure you that I brush my teeth twice a day as everyone should." Tedros smiled to show his pearly white teeth.

"I'm just not much of a touchy person when it comes to people I don't know."

"Let's get to know each other then."

"Hard pass." Y/n stood up from the table and placed her tray in the discard bin. She had zero interest in becoming friends with Mr. Popular. She exited the cafeteria and began making her way down the hallway to explore before her first class when she heard footsteps follow behind her. She stopped and turned around and sure enough, Tedros was standing there, staring at her like a lost puppy.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"Why are you following me?" Y/n asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I asked you something first."

"I'm going to explore a bit before Beautification class." Y/n spun around and started to walk away from him.

"Oh good. I'll come with you." Tedros walked up next to her. Y/n tried speeding up her pace but he noticed this and did the same.

"Don't you have princesses to follow your every move? I'm sure they'd love it if you graced their presence," Y/n said annoyed.

"They're not as interesting as you." Tedros slowed down a bit as he talked. Y/n took that as a sign to speed up while she could.