Chapter 15: Solving The Riddle

After the battle between Evers and Nevers, Y/n and Agatha had been locked in their room together. They had been brought homework to do while they were stuck in there for god knows how long.

As both girls lay in their beds, they heard a knock at their door. Y/n stood up and walked over to the door. Tedros was standing there with a stack of books in his hands while the two fairies who were guarding their door stared at them.

"Dovey said I can come in as long as the fairies remain outside the door," Tedros said.

"Yeah come in," Y/n moved out of the way to allow him to come into their room.

Tedros walked across the room and sat at the end of Y/n's bed as she closed the door and then sat next to him.

"So are you going to tell me what's going on now?" He asked.

"I guess you should probably know now," Y/n muttered. "From my understanding, Sophie and Agatha broke into the School Master's tower-"

"But Dovey said that's not possible-"

"Don't interrupt me."

Tedros goes quiet and allows her to continue.

"After they got into his tower, they discovered the Storian and they noticed the Storian was writing a story. After they looked at it, they realized that the story was talking about me. They saw an image of the first time we met and it was talking about us and Agatha and Sophie's relationship to me."

Tedros raised his hand.

"You can speak Tedros."

"But why would it be writing about you?" He asked.

"We don't know the answer to that. The Storian picks people on its own. We have no idea," Agatha stated.

"What else do you know?" He asked.

"Nothing else really. It stated that one of my cared deeply about me while the other was jealous of me. I think we know who that is. The School Master also told them a riddle. What's the one thing Evil can never have and the one thing Good can never do without?" Y/n replied.

Tedros thought for a moment. "I don't really know what that means, but maybe these books can help."

Y/n and Agatha looked through the stack of books Tedros brought with him.

"Ugh, I can't stand these books. They all have love in them," Agatha groaned.

Just like that, a lightbulb went off in both Tedros and Y/n's heads. Both of them instantly began flipping through books until they got to the endings.

"What are you doing?" Agatha asked.

"Every single book," Y/n muttered. "It has it."

"How could we not think of that?" Tedros replied.

"What? What?!" Agatha said leaning over Y/n to look at the books.

"Agatha... true love's first kiss. That's the answer," Y/n said excitedly.

"Oh my god!"

"We need to tell Sophie!"

The next day, Agatha and Y/n arrived at Surviving Fairy Tales searching for Sophie to tell her that they had finally solved the riddle. They noticed that she hadn't arrived yet so they stood together until they heard gasping behind them. They turned around and saw Sophie standing there, her hair cut to a mess.

"Sophie..." Y/n started.

"Just pretend it's not there. I'd like to continue with class please," Sophie said quietly.