Chapter 10: Surviving a Fairytale

"Who else is in our group?" Y/n asked Sophie, breaking the tension. Sophie didn't answer. In fact, she acted as if Y/n and Agatha weren't there.

The last class of the day, Surviving Fairy Tales, was the only one that mixed students from Good and Evil. Both schools reported to the Blue Forest gates, where fairies sorted them into Forest Groups, eight Evers and eight Nevers in each. As other children found their leaders (an ogre for Group 2, a centaur for Group 8, a lily nymph for 12) Agatha, Y/n, and Sophie were the first to

arrive under the flag stamped with a giant red 3.

"Can we just go home?" Agatha begged.

"Why don't you go home before you fail or end up a mole rat?" Sophie fumed. "You're in my school."

"Sophie..." Y/n started. "It's not our fault."

"If you're so convinced that this is your school, why won't it let us switch?" Agatha asked, starting to get irritated.

Sophie spun. "Because you... Because we–"

"Need to go home," Agatha glared.

Sophie smiled her kindest smile. "Sooner or later, they'll see what's right."

"I'm not so sure about that," a voice spoke behind them.

They turned to Tedros, who was walking toward them but stopped next to Y/n.

"Hey, do you want to walk with me?" Tedros asked Y/n.

"I think it's best that I walk with Agatha and Sophie. You're welcome to walk with us if you'd like," Y/n replied. Sophie's mouth was open as she looked between the two.

"You two know each other?" Sophie gaped.

"Unfortunately, Y/n and your prince have become quite close," Agatha muttered. "Even though he killed an innocent child."

"He's making up for it, Agatha," Y/n explained. "I'm showing him that there's more to life than being a prince."

"You think I'm your prince?" Tedros said, confused. "We've never met."

Sophie blushed at the prince whose attention she had just gained.

"Well... it's just you're Good's best prince and I believe that I would be Good's best princess if there hadn't been a mixup," Sophie said, as she subtly glared at Y/n and Agatha. "I'm Sophie and I like your bruise."

"Thanks. Your dear friend Y/n was the one who gave it to me," Tedros said, smirking at Y/n who rolled her eyes at him.

"You deserved it," she reminded him.

"Yeah yeah, I know. We've gone over this."

"You seem to be pretty close," Sophie said as a slight panic set in on her face.

"I wouldn't say close. This one just likes to follow me around like a lost dog," Y/n said, pointing at Tedros.

"Not my fault you're interesting," Tedros replied.

"You've got to be kidding me," said a girl's voice behind them.

They turned to see Beatrix, under the bloody "3," along with Dot, Hort, Ravan, Millicent, and the rest of their Forest Group. The sight of Sophie being with a group of Evers must've disgusted the entire group judging by the looks they were getting.

"Mmmm," said a voice below.

They looked down to find a four-foot gnome with wrinkly brown skin, a belted green coat, and a pointy orange hat frowning from a hole in the ground.