Chapter 13

Siddharth and Ruhi were standing outside the library. He was feeling relieved and happy after finished their study session super fast. He smiled and gave a tight side hug to Ruhi.

"Thank you so much for helping me out. You are the best teacher."He smiled widely.

"Don't give all credits to only me. You have a very sharp memory, you understood everything super fast."She smiled sweetly,"Still, if you need any help or have any question you can call me anytime without any hesitation."

"Thank you. Come, let's have something. I am super hungry. Sorry, because of me we missed our lunch."He bit his tongue,"I will buy you something super nice.. my treat... ma'am."He giggled.

"Don't feel bad for skipping lunch.. anyway, I wasn't planning to have lunch in the mess. I don't like today menu."She said while walking towards the canteen.

"Same here. Me and Adya both don't like today's menu. So, we used to go out every week. Today, she had to go alone, because I had to study. She was little upset with me for ditching her at the last moment. Was she saying something to you regarding me ?"He looked at her anxiously. She nodded in no with a smile.

"Okay."He smiled a little and then placed his notebook on the counter.

They gave their orders. Siddharth gave his card for the payment, but the card got declined for 3 times. He gave another card, which got declined too. Then, he extended rest of his cards, but all of them got declined.

"That's okay. I'll pay."Ruhi smiled when she noticed worry on his face.

"No, it's okay. I have.. ca-"He was saying while looking for cash, but he didn't have cash too. He confusingly checked the whole wallet,"Wallet khali kaise hai ?"

"It's okay. Don't worry, I have."Ruhi said and took out her purse.

He looked at her, but then stopped her instantly by holding her wrist when he noticed Abhishek and Sumedh entering in the canteen. A cold shiver ran down her spine and looked at him confusingly when he walked towards his brothers and explained the situation.

Abhishek smiled at Ruhi and then extended his card, but the card got declined too. Both nigam brothers were using same account for their personal expenses and their mother used to put money in that account on the 1st of every month.

"Card machine kharab hai kya bhaiya ?"Abhishek giggled while putting the card back in his wallet and then extended the cash,"Theek karwa lo.. aaj kal cash kon rakhta hai ? Ya phir UPI link karwa lo."

"Nhi sir ji.. bahut kamine bacche hai.. dikhate hai ki transfer ho gya.. lekin transfer hota kahi aur hi hai. Cash aur card se hi khush hai hum to."The person smiled.

"Haan.. aaj kal ke baache kuch jyada hi teez hai."He giggled.

"Thank you Dada."Siddharth smiled.

"Koi ni.. thoda cash rakha kar... aaise emergency ka lea.."He smiled while Siddharth nodded,"Jao ab enjoy karo."He smiled when he noticed that their order was placed on the counter.

*.*

Abhishek and Sumedh went back to their room after having some light snack in the canteen. Abhishek was sitting on his bed and was trying to make some payment, but the payment wasn't succeful.

"Abe yaar.. card chal kyu nhi rha ?"He frustratedly said,"Aaj last date hai payment ka.. Aaj nhi huwa na to mummy jute chappal se khatir dari karenggi meri."

"Paise hai na account mein ?"Sumedh said while scrolling through his phone.

"Ofcourse hai. Abhi 15-20 din pehle hi to dhala tha mummy nein. Aur iss month to hum kahi bahar bhi nhi gye.. to kharcha to huwa hi nhi."He confidently said.

"Phir bhi dekh le ek baar.. kahi koi scam wagara ho gya ho.. kahi kisi nein hack na kar liya ho."Sumedh said in concerned tone.

"Haan.. dekhta hu.. tab tak tu apna card de.. mummy ka ye samaan order karu.. bahut dino se bol rhi hai."He said and extended his hand.

Sumedh hummed and gave his card to him. He made the payment and then opened his account. He was confident that the account had money, but the card wasn't working due to some technial glitch. Instantly, he widened his eyes and a cursed word let out from his mouth which gained Sumedh's attention.

"Kya huwa ?"Sumedh asked worriedly.

"Account khali hai. Aur transaction bhi bahut huge huge huwe hai.. kabhi 2 lakh, kabhi 5 lakh, kabhi 3 lakh."He shockingly said.

"Maine kaha tha na ki kisi nein hack kar liya hoga.. complaint karde jaldi aur account lock kar."Sumedh said.

"Haan haan."He picked up his phone, but stopped before dialling the number,"Ek baar Sid se puchu kya ? Kahi usnein to kharach nhi kiya ?"

Sumedh gave a thought for few seconds but agreeing with him,"Hmm.. lagta to nhi hai mujhe ki itna kharcha karega ki 15 din mein account khali kar dega.. lekin phir bhi puch le ek baar."

He hummed and called Siddharth and asked him to
come to his room. Siddharth disconnected the call and reached their room after 10 mins.

"Hello sir."He said in teasing tone and then giggled,"Btayiye.. kya kar sakta hu main aap dono ka lea ?"But, his smile lessened when he noticed seriousness on their faces,"Kya huwa ? Aap dono itnein serious kyu ho ? Phir kuch kar diya kya maine ? Warden sir nein complaint kari kya ? Aaise darao mat yaar."

"Humara account khali hai."Abhishek said without wasting a minute,"Ye.. ye sab shopping tune kari hai ?"He showed the laptop screen to him,"5 lakh Gucci mein.. agle din 3 Lakh Aldo mein ? Aur ye.. 2 lakh Prada. Tune kari hai itni shopping ya tera card chori ho gya hai ?"

"Dada vo Adya ko..."Siddharth started saying in low voice while lowering his lashes,"Adya ko thoda shopping par lekar gya tha."

"Thoda ?"Abhishek widened his eyes more,"Ye jo maine btaya na ye ek din ki transaction history hai... rooz hi itna itna kharcha huwa hai. Tujhe andaza bhi hai tune 15 din mein 50lakh kharch kar diye hai. Are mujhe to pta hi nhi tha ki ye humanly possible hai 15 din mein 50 lakh spend karna. Aaisa kya khareedta tha ?"

"Dada ab aaise hisab mat mango mujhse."Siddharth irritatedly said,"Girlfriend hai.. mujhe acha lagta hai use pamper karna to ho gya thoda jyada kharch.. next time se dhyaan rakhungga. Itna bada issue kyu kar rhe ho ?"

"Beta.. issue main nhi.. ab to mummy karenggi. Jab puchenggi na ki account khali kyu hai.. to bol diyo... PAMPER kar rha tha."Abhiskek said while stressing the word 'Pamper'.

Siddharth widened his eyes too but in fear,"Nhi nhi Dada, mummy to chappal belan ke saath puchenggi. Iss baat bacha lo please.. abse koi faltu kharcha nhi.. promise."Abhishek didn't say anything and looked at his laptop,"Mummy ki kasam Dada. Abse nhi karungga koi faltu kharcha. Sirf jo zarurat ki cheez hogi."

"Pakka ?"Abhishek again. Siddharth nodded in yes,"Theek hai jaa.. jakar padhai kar.. main baat kar lungga unse.. iss baremain jyada tension mat liyo.. exam par focus rakhiyo."

"Ji Dada. Thank you."He smiled and went to his room.

"Ye.. Iss Adya se mujhe kuch positive feelings nhi aa rhi."Abhishek said to Sumedh when Siddharth left.

"Mujhe bhi. Lekin Sid to bahut jyada hi attach hai usse. I just wish ki dil na tute bechare ka."Sumedh crossed his fingers.

"I wish for the same."Abhishek worriedly said.