Chapter 21

YOUTUBE CHANNEL :- https://youtube.com/@bingethoughts?si=9wKh_gL5LcZE_QIz

INSTAGRAM :- https://instagram.com/bingethoughts11?igshid=YTQwZjQ0NmI0OA%3D%3D&utm_source=qr

************************************************

Next morning, all of them entered in the room when Sumedh's mother gained consciousness. As soon as, Sumedh looked at his mother, his eyes welled up and he started crying like a baby while holding her hand. She slowly placed her another hand above his head and caressed a little.

"Aai.. bas ab main koi bahana nhi sunungga. Maine ye job islea hi join kiya tha taaki aap dono ko time de saku.. aap dono ka khayal rakh saku.. lekin last ek saal se jab jab shift hone ka bolta hu.. koi na koi bahana bna dete ho. Ab nhi sunungga main kuch bhi. Jaise hi tujhe discharge mil jaaye.. chup chap mere saath chaloge. Main ek flat le lungga rent par."Sumedh said while sobbing.

"Theek hai. Lekin meri ek sharat hai."His mother said slowly and the sound came out as whisper.

"Haan bol."Sumedh wiped his tears and shifted his ear close to her mouth to listen carefully.

"Tu meri kasam kha... ki tu shadi karega. Koi bahana nhi bnayega. Jisse bolunggi usse karega. Iss baar mna nhi karega."She slowly said each and every word clearly.

He looked at her and stared at her for few seconds before saying,"Tu pehle theek ho ja.. phir baat karengge iss baremain."

"Nhi.. tu kasam kha meri. Main jaane se pehle tera ghar basa huwa dekhna chati hu. Tu agar kasam nhi khayega.. to abhi ke abhi meri..."Before she could complete the sentence, Sumedh placed hand on her mouth.

Sumedh sobbed,"Theek hai. Main kasam khata hu teri. Tu jisse bolegi... jab bolegi.. tabhi bina kisi sawaal ke shadi kar lungga."

She smiled widely and caressed his hair.

*.*

A week passed. Sumedh was on leave for a week, while Abhishek and Siddharth returned college and looked for a suitable flat nearby for Sumedh and his family. They also got shifted in that week. Sumedh was relieved as his mother didn't pick up the topic of his marriage after that.

"Settle ho gya ache se ?"Abhishek smiled at Sumedh when they met on their free lectures.

"Kind of. Thodi unpacking baaki hai. Iss weekend ho jayega."He smiled and hugged him,"Subha se kaha tha tu ? Dikha bhi nhi. Ab to lagta hai aaise free lectures ka hi wait karna padega tujhse milnein ka lea."

Abhishek giggled,"Koi ni.. aunty ki tabiyat to theek hai na ab ?"Sumedh nodded in yes.

At the same time, Abhishek got a call from girl's warden who returned on the same day. He received the call confusingly. She called them in the office. Abhishek disconnected the call and informed the same to Sumedh.

"Chal main bhi chalta hu phir."Sumedh stood up.

Abhishek and Sumedh went to her office and smiled at her. But, she didn't smile back and gave a serious look. She turned her laptop towards them without saying anything. Both of them gave a confused look to her and then checked the screen. They noticed that Siddharth was sneaking inside the girl's hostel.

Abhishek widened his eyes and then checked the date as well. Sumedh covered his mouth in disbelieve and looked at Abhishek. Sumedh placed hand on Abhishek's shoulder as he seemed lost.