Chapter 38

Abhishek pulled Sumedh inside and closed the door.

"Kya matlab tera nhi hai ? Itnein mahine ho gye hai shadi ko... tera hi hoga na gadha."Abhishek said casually.

"Kyuki aaj tak maine use haath tak nhi lagaya... except in college... just to punish her."Sumedh said frustratedly and sat on his bed.

"What ?"Abhishek shockingly asked,"Ph.. Phir kiska hai ? Uska kahi aur affair chal rha hai ?"

"Yes.. I mean.. May be.. Tch.. I mean.. I don't know."Sumedh got more frustrated,"Jis ladki ko itnein time se dhund rha tha.. vo kon nikli ? Meri apni biwi jiske pait mein baccha nikla kisi aur ka. I mean.. meri kismat hi kharab hai."His eyes welled up while saying the last line.

Abhishek walked to him and hugged him to console while Sumedh continued while crying,"Main itna bura hu kya ? Main pyaar nhi deserve karta ? Mere saath hi aaisa kyu huwa ?"He started yowling,"Main bahut pyaar karta tha usse.. bina dekhe.. bina jaane bas pyaar."

Abhishek's eyes welled up too and he hugged Sumedh tightly when he broke down and started yowl like a kid. He cried for sometime and then Abhishek made him lie on the bed when Sumedh fell asleep while crying, but he continued sniffing during sleep.

Next morning, Sumedh's sleep broke with a jerk when the glass fell from Abhishek's hand. Sumedh sat up on the bed and noticed that Abhishek bit his tongue and quickly picked up the glass.

"Sorry, galati se gir gya tha. Tu soo jaa aaram se."Abhishek smiled while keeping the glass on the table.

"Time kitna ho rha hai ? College ka time ho gya kya ?"Sumedh asked while looking for his phone.

"Aaj off le le na.. rest kar thoda.. main sambhal lungga. Tujhe rest ki zarurat hai."Abhishek said while getting ready.

"Nhi.. Apni problem ki wajha se baccho ka nuksan kyu karu. Main theek hoon. Main le lungga class."He replied in tired voice while opening the wardrobe of Abhishek's and took out a pair of clothes,"Main ye pehen rha hoon aaj."

"Tu pakka theek hai na ?"Abhiskek asked in concerned tone.

"Haan be.. tu tension mat le. Main theek hoon."Sumedh smiled a little and went to washroom to fresh up.

*.*

Sumedh was walking fast towards the class as he was a little late for the class. He opened the door and his reflex held Himani instantly to bump with the door when another classmate pushed her towards the door.

"Are you fine ?"He asked her worriedly. She looked back at him and nodded in yes.

He made her stand properly and then looked at girl angrily who pushed her,"What was that ? Fight chal rhi thi yaha par ?"

"Sir, isnein mere bag se 500 rupees churaye."One of the girl pointed at Himani.

Himani dusted off her clothes and then answered before Sumedh could ask or say anything,"For the last time, I am saying, I didn't steal. But, still if you really want the money from me.. then."She said and took out Rs 2000 from her pocket, pulled her hand and kept on her palm before walking back to her place,"Keep the change. I guess you need it."

She looked at her with mouth wide open and then looked at others when they chuckled.

"Sir.."She was about to say something, but Sumedh interrupted her,"Mil gye na paise.. seat par jao."

"But, sir.."She tried to speak again.

"Don't disturb the class.. I am already late.. go back to your seats or get out from the class."He said and walked to his table.

The girl looked at her friends while crushing the note  in her fist. She took a deep breathe to reduce her anger and walked back to her seat followed by her friends. Sumedh started teaching while glancing at Himani in between.

*.*

During lunch break, Sumedh and Siddharth were sitting in Abhishek's room.

Siddharth shockingly said,"Kya ? Himani hi vo ladki hai ?"

Sumedh slapped on his head,"Tameez kaha hai teri ? Bhabhi hai vo."

Siddharth rubbed his head while muttering,"Pichli baar mara ki bhabhi kyu bola.. iss baar mara ki bhabhi kyu nhi bola.. akhir karu to kya karu."

"Tu kuch mat kar.. jaa jakar khana serve kar."Abhishek said.

Siddharth kept his phone on the table in front of them after hummed and went to the bring plates. He kept plates in front of them and started serving while Sumedh and Abhishek were talking. At the same time, Siddharth received a message in his phone.

He looked at his screen when he heard the beep and the screen got unlocked with face id. He extended his hand to pick up the phone but Abhishek picked it up and was about to keep it aside but the message got open by his thumb.

He looked at the screen for once and was about to keep it down, but he looked at it again and then showed the screen to Siddharth angrily.

"Ye sab kya hai Siddharth ?"Abhishek angrily asked while showing the message from Ruhi 'I love you'. 

Abhishek didn't read any other previous messages from them. Siddharth muttered scaridly when he noticed anger on Abhishek's face,"Da.. Da.. Dada.. mujh.. mujhe nhi pta. Prank kiya hoga. Vo to meri bas achi dost hai. Trust me."

"Dost hai bas ?"Abhishek pulled his ear.

"Ahh."Siddharth held his hand and said with wet eyes,"Dada aap baaki messages dekh lo.. maine kabhi kuch nhi kaha usse aaisa... bas padhai ke baremain hi baat karte the.. ab usnein I love you bola to meri kya galati.. mujhe to rooz kitni ladkiya bolti hai.. aap kya mujhe sabke liye marte rahoge. Trust me koi chakkar nhi chal rha."

"Ye wahi hai na jiske saath tu class mein bhi baithta hai. Tu padhai se jyada baato mein dhyaan rehta hai tum dono ka. Kayi baar punishment bhi mil chuki hai."Sumedh asked after checking the message.

Siddharth looked at Sumedh and then looked back at Abhishek scaridly,"Kayi baar ? Sirf ek baar aur rooz thodi baithta hoon.. kabhi kabhi... sirf jab kaam hota hai usse. Waise to main akela hi baithta hoon. Main dur hi rehta hoon ladkiyo se.. pta nhi isnein aaisa kyu bheja.. maine to kabhi koi hint nhi diya.. flirt tak nhi kiya. I swear."

"Dekha to maine bhi hai kayi baar."Abhishek said.

"Bas dost hai.. maine promise kiya tha na main kabhi kisi ke saath relation mein nhi aayungga.. maine vo relation break nhi kiya.. sach mein sirf dost hai mujhe sach mein nhi pta ki aaj achanak aaisa message kyu bheja."Siddharth nervously said,"Trust me dada."

"Maine tujhse kaha tha na.. agar next time aaisa kuch huwa.. koi pasand aaye tujhe.. to tu pehle mujhse milwayega.. main approve karungga uske baad hi relation vilation mein aayega tu."Abhishek said while giving back the phone to him.

"Aaisa kuch nhi hai Dada humare beech.. mere liye sirf dost hai meri. Mujhe vo uss sense mein pasand bhi nhi hai."Siddharth said while taking the phone and blocked her instantly and showed the phone to him,"Lo dekho.. block bhi kar diya maine.. main aaisi koi dost bhi nhi chata.. jiske dil mein mere liye koi feelings ho."