Chapter 14

The day after tests were over,
Sumedh was sitting on his desk in the staffroom and was checking papers. He narrowed his eyebrows and twice checked the paper of Himani. He went to Abhishek and other subject teachers and asked them to check Himani's answer sheet in priority. They also checked her answer sheet and handed over to Sumedh.

He thanked them with a smile for checking the sheet quickly. He picked up all answer sheets of Maths and rolled up those to put a rubberband. He picked up his stuffs and went to the classroom. As soon as, he entered inside, there was a pin drop silence in the class after they noticed answer sheets in his hand.

No one could believe that he would check all sheets that quickly as previous day was their math's tests. Everyone gulped and looked at each other scaridly when he removed the rubber band from the bundle and kept those on the table.

He started calling their names one by one and was handing over the sheet. He didn't scold or said anything else rather than their names and marks. The students who didn't meet the criteria set by him were scared, but then relaxed when they noticed that he didn't scold them.

"Everyone got papers ?"He asked after distributing all papers except Himani's.

Himani raised her hand and then stood up,"Sir, I- I didn't get my answer sheet."

"Yeah, I'll give you. Wait for sometime."He said and sat down on the chair,"Yahi question paper aap sabka assignment hai.. coming monday, I will collect all assignments."

"Okay sir."Everyone felt reliefed and smiled, but their smile lessened and gulped when he continued in serious tone,"Ab vo sabhi khade ho jayo... jiske 70% se kaam hai."

The students stood up slowly while staring at each other faces. It was around 10 boys and only 2 girls. They looked at him for once and then bowed their heads. Sumedh rested his hands on the table and carefully noticed their faces to remember.

He didn't say anything for a whole minute, and finally rested his back on the chair and said,"Chalo ground mein."

As soon as, the words escaped from his mouth. The girls started crying and started requested him. He rolled his eyes with a sigh and started rolling up his sleeves after standing up. No one, could control themselves from not noticing his veins.

Few of the girls swooned in the moment and started looking at him lovingly. They forgot the fact that he was actually their teacher and was angry at that time. They rested their elbows on the table, cupped their faces and swooned again when he walked towards the first boy.

The walk was normal, but it seemed slow motion to most of them. His white shirt and light brown pants were just enhancing his charm. He was teaching them from few months, but that day they couldn't control themselves from mesmerized by his presence.

They got lost in their dreams and started imagining scenerios with him with a huge smile. But, instantly their smile vanished and they came back to reality when they heard a loud sound of slap. They looked at him carefully while trying hard to not lost in thoughts again.

They noticed that he tightly slapped each and every boy who were standing and then pushed them to the front. Their eyes widened a little when they noticed that he went to the girls who were standing. Their heart started racing fast and started yowling when Sumedh stopped in front of them.

They folded their hands and started begging him to give last chance. But, he took a deep breathe and lowered their hands. They stopped crying as soon as he placed a tight slap on their cheeks. In reflex, their hands went up to their cheeks and looked at him surprisingly while fresh tears formed in their eyes.

He didn't pushed them, but stepped aside and gestured them to go to the front. They were so shocked by the slap that they couldn't say anything else and walked to the front silently without removing their hands from the cheek.

He turned towards them, crossed his arms and ordered,"Ek side ho jayo sabhi.. and without arguing.. without wasting any further minute of mine.. chup chap punishment complete karo apni."

No one moved from their places and were standing there with bowed head. Sumedh anger increased a bit more and sternly said,"Ek to padhna nhi hai tum logo ko.. uper se punishment bhi nhi kar rhe. Mera patience test mat karo tum sab.. bahut bura hoga warna. 2 min ke andar murga na bane na to ground mein kheech kar lekar jayungga."

They were still standing with bowed head. Sumedh made a fist and shouted,"DO WHAT I SAID."

They startled and the boys instantly did what he said. The girls didn't move and started crying more. He gave an angry look to the girls and announced in the class after grabbing their arms,"Koi shor nhi karega.. main aata hu 2 mins mein."

He was pushing them towards the door, when they got more scared and cried,"Sorry sir.. please. H-Hum yahi karte hai." They freed themselves and quickly did their punishment.

He turned towards the class and shouted,"HIMANI, COME HERE."

She got scared like other and walked to him slowly. He placed all her answer sheets on the table and crossed his arms. He was fuming when she looked at her marks and then looked back at him.