Chapter 2 - Unspoken Connections

Theme: Velvet Blue intense first meeting

───※ ·❆· ※───

AND...

In a matter of seconds, the door opened, revealing a towering man in a black tuxedo with a red tie. Frustration, anger, and fury radiated from him the way he stormed into the room. He swiftly approached her and took a seat in the nearest chair.

"MOM! What happened?" His has tears in his eyes.

"I am fine, son. You don't need to worry about me," she comforted him.

"You don't look fine, Mom," he said softly.

His gaze shifted to me, the stranger in the room. With a trace of suspicion, his eyes narrowed as he examined me.

"Who are you?" he demanded; his tone felt a bit irritating to me.

His younger sister stepped forward, relief and worry clear on her face. "Akshay, calm down. Mom is safe now," she reassured him, her voice soothing.

"I am fine and alive, thanks to her. She saved my life." Mrs. Oberoi gestured towards me, leaving me unsure of how to respond.

He turned his head in my direction, where I stood. Oh, my goodness! He was incredibly attractive. I could see it in his light brown eyes and his beard, man. Before things went further, I shifted my gaze to her mother and smiled.

~ I could feel his eyes on me, as if he were scanning me. Damn, I shouldn't have worn this t-shirt. Wait, what? What was I thinking? It must be because he's looking at me, but I can't handle it.

Mrs

Mrs. Oberoi's family members stood there, watching the tense exchange between her son and me. Their gazes shifted from their frustrated son to the unfamiliar face of a young woman who had apparently saved their mother's life.

Confusion and curiosity with concern on their faces, unsure of what to make of the situation unfolding before them.

The daughter, her eyes reflecting a blend of relief and worry, stepped forward. "Thank you so much for being there for our mother."

The daughter-in-law, holding her two young children close, wore an expression of cautious reservation. She saw the interaction with a discerning eye, silently judging the interaction.

Mr. Oberoi took a deep breath. "Thank you for being there for my wife in her time of need. We owe you now," he acknowledged, his tone sincere.

As I prepared to take my leave, the family expressed their regards once again, their voices resonating with warmth and appreciation.

"Mrs. Oberoi, your family is here, so I should leave. I'm glad you're okay now," I said quietly, gently holding her hand.

"It's been nice meeting you. I wish you a speedy recovery." looking at her, and with one final smile, I prepared to leave.

She grasped my hand and said, "No! My Baccha, I want you to come to my house."

"Akshay, please drop her home," she interjected.

Oh no! No! No! I muttered to myself so loudly that I almost believed they could hear me. I avoided looking at him, aware of his brown gaze fixed on me. I dare not meet his eyes. I smiled at her.

"No, Mrs. Oberoi. It's perfectly fine. I will book a cab," I told her.

"No, I will drop you," he declared firmly.

He stood and stared at me, showing that he wanted me to step forward.

"It's okay; I will book a cab," I responded without hesitation.

~ I know he is incredibly good-looking, but I shouldn't forget who I am. I'm not the type to swoon over a guy just because he's good-looking. I had a weak moment. He's an exceptional case. Let's move on and stop dwelling on his damn gaze. He probably isn't even thinking about me.

"Okay," I murmured without glancing at him.

"Take care, Mrs. Oberoi," I said sweetly, giving her a warm hug. The daughter, Mia, embraced me.

"Hey, it's so lovely to meet you. Now you're my little sister," she said cheerfully.

He went ahead to hug his mother with great affection. Then he looked at me and said, "We should leave now."

I nodded at him, and we exited the room. While walking, he was surrounded by a group of men who appeared to be his employees. It made me feel uneasy.

He paused and gazed at me. I hadn't realized that the driver had opened the front door of the car and was waiting for me to get inside.

~Wait, it's a BMW. All the cars in the lineup are BMW models. I shouldn't focus on his car; I should just get in as quickly as possible. I stared at my feet.

As he took his place in the driver's seat and waited for me to sit in the front passenger seat, I felt a wave of embarrassment. Carefully, I made my way to the car and settled into the seat, still avoiding eye contact and keeping my gaze fixed on my feet.

"Your address?" He asked for my address while I wore my seat belt, and I gave him my address.

Yes! I managed to give him my address.
- Don't judge me; this is how I react when I am surrounded by attractiveness.

As the car started moving, silence settled between us, and I couldn't help but steal glances at him from the corner of my eye. He seemed lost in his thoughts. His strong features, chiseled jawline, and intense gaze were captivating, but I reminded myself to stay composed.

After a while, he turned his attention towards me, breaking the silence that had grown uncomfortable.

"So, how do you know my mother?" he asked, his voice soft this time.

"I... uh... I don't, uh, I just met her." I answered, trying to sound casual.

He nodded, seeming unsatisfied with my response. The rest of the journey continued in silence, with occasional glances exchanged between us. The tension in the car was palpable, and I found myself fidgeting with my hands, unsure of what to say or do.

Finally, we arrived at my destination, and the car came to a halt. I looked outside, realizing that we had reached my place.

"Thank you for the drive," I said, mustering a smile.

He turned towards me, his gaze intense yet unreadable. "You're welcome." His voice was filled with formality and something else I couldn't quite interpret.

I reached for the door handle, ready to step out of the car, but before I could open it, he spoke again.

"Wait!" he said, his voice softer this time.

───※ ·❆· ※───