Chapter 33-Innocence on Trial

Mia's call came with an invitation from Shakshi, who expressed her desire to meet me after missing the opportunity at the dinner that night. The excitement swelled within me as plans were set for the evening.

Mia shared that the Oberois would be attending a charitable event, leaving their grand house unoccupied, giving us the freedom to enjoy ourselves. Dinner was at their place.

I study my wardrobe, searching for the perfect attire. Mia had mentioned it would be a black-themed event, and to my relief, I found a beautiful black dress that would be fitting for the occasion.

The fabric gracefully draped over me, hiding the scars that remained as reminders of past accidents. With a renewed sense of confidence, I hurriedly took a shower, the sound of music filling the air.

(Time Skip)

I adorned myself in the dress, slipped into a pair of elegant heels, and made my way to the door. Just as I was about to step out, I realized I had forgotten to close the window, prompting a hasty retreat to rectify my oversight before setting off again.

(Reached)

Oberoi mansion, Despite having been here on many occasions, the grandeur of the place never failed to overwhelm me.

I parked my car and entered the premises, where Mia stood patiently, eagerly awaiting my arrival. The moment her eyes met mine, she darted toward me, enveloping me in a warm, tight embrace.

"You always hug me as if it were our first meeting," I teased.

"Oh, sweetheart, you are just so special that every time I see you, I can't help but feel blessed."

Upon entering, Kriti and Vihaan, Shakshi's children, joyfully rushed toward me, their tiny hands reaching out to hold mine. "Di! Let's play!" Their excitement was palpable.

Shakshi intervened, reminding them to allow me some breathing space. With a laugh, Kriti agreed, and Vihaan returned to his mother's embrace. Shakshi lovingly informed them that they would play after dinner, but bedtime would follow shortly after.

"What a pleasant surprise! How are you?" Yash appeared, expressing his pleasant surprise at my presence.

"I am absolutely fine."

The absence of one person, Akshay, seemed to release the tension that often went with his presence.

Amidst laughter, chatter, and an abundance of memories shared, we settled down for dinner. Stories of Kriti and Vihaan's childhood adventures intertwined with our conversations, creating an atmosphere filled with warmth.

As the meal ended, we laughed together, cherishing the lightheartedness that enveloped us.

Suddenly, a shower of photographs was scattered across the table, like fragments of a dark secret, capturing everyone's attention. The source of this unexpected disturbance was none other than Akshay, his eyes fixed on me, his expression tinged with anger, as always.