Chapter 22- A Confrontation Unveiled

Theme: Dark Purple: Darkness Outsides/Strength Insides───※ ·❆· ※───[Akshay and Meera Scene]

───※ ·❆· ※───
[Akshay and Meera Scene]

The grand affair at Oberoi came to an end...

And it was my turn to say goodbye to this wonderful family.

Seeing the opportunity, I noticed Akshay was busy having a phone conversation. It was the perfect chance to discreetly slip away from his presence, as I no longer wished to endure his indifference and dismissive behavior.

Mia stood before me. I hugged her one more time.

"Mia, you were amazing."

"Thank you, dear friend. Your support and presence mean the world to me. I couldn't have done it without you."

Mrs. Oberoi enveloped me in her gentle embrace.

"My dearest, you must promise me that you will visit our home more frequently."

The sound of tiny footsteps reverberated through the hallway, drawing my attention. Kids rushed towards me with wide smiles and open arms.

"Di, we're going to miss you so much!" Vihaan said.

Kirti added, "Di, please promise... Next time you come and play with us."

Kneeling to their level, I hugged them both; their warmth and joy were overwhelming to me.

"My dear ones, you hold a special place in my heart. I promise to visit as often as I can."

With a heavy heart yet a newfound sense of liberation, I settled into the driver's seat of my car.

As I pulled away from the Oberoi estate in the rearview mirror, a quick glimpse of Akshay's face caught my eye.

His expression revealed a mix of surprise, restrained fury, blankness, and unjustified anger and realization.

And it was too late for him.

~ I am not a mere child in need of being dropped off at the doorstep. I am a force not under his control, a woman who has discovered her worth~ {present view}

The road stretched ahead, illuminated by the soft glow of moonlight, as I relished the freedom of driving alone.

Soft melody in the backdrop and the beats, filling the car with a sense of liberation.

For the first time in a long while, I felt a weight lift off my shoulders, a sense of relief washing over me.

As the wind caressed my face and the open road beckoned, I reveled in the absence of his gaze. No longer did I feel the unwelcome burden of his intense scrutiny, the constant reminder of my perceived fragility. Since the day we met, he has always been there, always ready to drop me off at home. This created a suffocating dependency that left me yearning for independence.