Epilogue: A Love That Grows

It has been a year since Meera and I exchanged vows, and it feels like time has raced by in a beautiful dream. My life before her seems like a faded memory now, and the depth of my love for her is beyond words.

I can still recall the day we first crossed paths at the hospital. The moment I laid my eyes on Meera, a spark ignited within me, and that feeling remains fresh in my mind like a beautiful painting. Even now, when she is by my side, each passing moment feels like one full of endless possibilities.

The realization of how much I feared losing her struck me one fateful evening. She appeared at my office, clearly distressed and vulnerable. In an instant, she collapsed, and in that fragile moment, I understood that my life would lose all meaning without her. For the first time, my pain was not centered on my own well-being but on her pain.

I never anticipated falling in love with someone, believing it was an experience I would never have. However, Meera's existence in my world was a powerful transformation, an extraordinary phenomenon I couldn't resist. Despite my best efforts to keep my distance, destiny had other plans. Her innocence repeatedly convinced me that I was unworthy of her, but I was mistaken. Without her presence in my life today, I doubt I would ever find my true self. My love for her blossoms with each passing day.

"Akshay, what are you thinking?" Meera's melodious voice reaches my ears, drawing my attention. I turn to face her, and her radiant smile casts a spell on me. She stands before the mirror, her hand resting gently on her abdomen. She's six months pregnant, and the joy she has given me is immeasurable. The glow of pregnancy only enhances her beauty.

"You are breathtakingly beautiful, Meera," I whisper into her ear as I draw nearer.

"Thank you, Akshay. What were you lost in?" She inquires, her eyes sparkling with curiosity.

"Lost in thoughts of you," I reply, causing her to smile.

"But I'm right here," she teases.

"Yes, you are everywhere," I respond, my voice filled with love and devotion.

"Don't be so cheesy, Akshay," she playfully chides.

"That's what you call romance, Mrs. Singh," I remark.

"You love calling me that," she giggles.

"Yes, I adore that title," I confess.

"Alright, my lovely husband, if we continue talking here, we'll be late for dinner. Mia has called us ten times already, wondering if we're on our way."

"That is Mia. She won't stop calling you until we arrive," she remarks.

"Listen, Mia is bringing her boyfriend over for dinner tonight, and it's his first time meeting us. Please try not to stare at him and make sure he feels comfortable," she implores.

"I understand, but I can't promise anything."

No, you must promise," she playfully insists.

"Fine, my love, I'll do as you say," I concede with a smile.

"One year later"

(Early Morning)

Meera sits in her favorite armchair, her hands gently cradling our newborn daughter, Aria. The tender sight before me overwhelms my heart.

As I approach Meera, the love of my life,

It has been just seven days since Aria came into our lives, yet every passing moment feels like a lifetime of love and devotion.

Meera looks up, her eyes meeting mine, and a tender smile graces her lips.

"Akshay, come closer," she whispers, her voice filled with a mother's tenderness. I take a step forward, and as I sit beside her, our gazes lock, a shared understanding passing between us—a language that speaks volumes without uttering a single word.