Chapter 32 - Akshay

───※ ·❆· ※───

The ring of my phone I was jolted back to the present moment.

With a flicker of fear, I swiftly answered the call, the urgency palpable in the voice of my security team.

"Sir, Miss Meera is in the bar... She is drunk." The voice on the other end of the line conveyed a sense of urgency.

Without a moment's hesitation, a rush of adrenaline coursed through my veins, propelling me from the comfort of my bed.

"I am coming. Until then, ensure her safety."

I was concerned for Meera, and she had an unparalleled ability to stir a storm within me-a fierce wind that threatened to unravel the very threads of my composure.

She was a force that defied my control, and it both infuriated and captivated me.

(Time Skip)

My heart skipped a beat as I beheld her vulnerable state, her delicate frame swaying under the weight of intoxication. Concern and frustration intertwined within me as I made my way towards her, trying to make sense of the chaotic scene unfolding before me.

"You're drunk," I stated firmly.

She met my gaze defiantly. "What? Why are you asking? Isn't that why people come to bars?" she retorted.

"I can't leave her like this," she insisted.

Recognizing the gravity of the situation, I turned my attention to Meera's friend, a silent plea for understanding etched in my gaze. "Miss, I am Akshay Oberoi." I introduced myself, my tone surprisingly gentle, like the whisper of a gentle breeze. "And this is my bodyguard, Dev. He will safely drop you home." I offered my words.

"I already like you," she remarked, her voice tinged with appreciation, before she left. As she vanished into the crowd, my focus shifted back to Meera, who stood unsteadily, fighting to keep her balance amidst the swirling chaos.

With cautious steps, I approached her. She took a step back, and each time she retreated, it stoked a primal fear within me.

"No, what are you doing here?" confusion and resistance intermingling in her voice. Seeking stability, she found support in a nearby chair, settling into its embrace, though her disheveled state tugged at my heartstrings.

"No, what are you doing here?" her words trembling with uncertainty.

Inching closer, I found myself captivated by the minutest of details, fearful that she might succumb to the unsteady ground beneath her feet.

Sensing her thirst, I signaled the bartender, and my attention focused solely on Meera. A glass of water materialized before us.

As I extended the glass to her trembling hands, her gaze struggled to focus on its contents. Recognizing her difficulty, I gently hold the glass, bringing it closer to her lips, my touch infused with a delicate tenderness. Her small and puffy lips evoked a feeling of remorse within me, a desire to undo the circumstances that led us to this precipice.

My gaze shifted momentarily to her eyes, and in that instant, regret mingled with longing, igniting a fire within me.

Eagerly, she drank from the glass. "It's so good. Why?" she wondered aloud, an innocent fascination sparked by the simplest of pleasures.

"Now, come with me," I implored.

"No, I don't want to go with you in that damn car of yours," her defiance lingering.

Frustration rushed through me, causing my hand to instinctively run through my wake-up, straight to the bar, hair in annoyance. "What do you want?" I snapped, my voice reflecting the impatience that had begun to heat under the surface.