Chapter 17: No Honesty

AN:
Before the chapter starts I wanna thank my awesome reviewers: ZamaRose2, EmmoyDino_FTW, FinalScripts, Siempie_, KittyBrine, MaddiesMines, DatYuuki, SwiftKhaos, LazyButtPotato, MoonMist55, RuskaC, GhostAvatar, LynKiin, KittysStories, minecraft_weirdo, Z_mk_n, ally_purdy389 & housesummer4!
You all are so awesome, thank you! ♥

Music tip:
Kimberly Anne - Liar

(look at the beginning of the chapter!)

Lovers of Freedom

Chapter 17:
No Honesty

"...and so we welcome you to the official launching event of Microsoft's top gaming group - Team Crafted!"

The guests applauded happily, then the lights in the large hall were dimmed and a screen behind the podium of the moderator flared up. A clip was shown with infectious music in the background. At first a person was talking about a new relationship and a thicker bond between producer and end-consumer, various scenes of gaming events and young people were shown, then the voice addressed a revolution that would change all of the advertising industry. A large logo appeared in the middle of the screen.

- Team Crafted -

The members of the group were shown - clips filmed by a crew about a week ago shortly after their photo shooting. Each and every one appeared in the clothes that were chosen for them, talking about a bigger chance to connect with their fans and reaching more people than ever before. Their smiling and winking faces slowly faded to the background, as their names were shown.
The video ended with the whole group and the new logo.

Amid the applause of the crowd Mitch could make out several voices talking approvingly about the new advertising that would be shown in the TV nationally as from tomorrow. The lights were slowly turned back on and before anyone could recognize him, Mitch found his way back through the crowd to a small corner at the front of the room, where the rest of the group was still chatting about the magnificent video they had just watched.

"Isn't this great - everyone will see it on their TVs!"
"I know, my mother will absolutely flip out!"

Murphy wasn't in sight, but instead of giving in to the relief that was about to flare up, Mitch buried it deep inside of him and embraced his old self, the one he had been used to for so long. It was as easy as breathing itself, just a wall he had to raise, to keep himself safe. From Murphy. From Microsoft. From being hurt.

The smile on his face was convincing enough and cheerfully he threw his arms around Jason and Ty. "We, gentlemen, are going to be famous." The laugh of the group was infectious, Mitch joined in and it nearly was enough.
His laugh. The gleam in his eyes. A relaxed stance.