Final Selection

"And you're sure that you have everything?" Mitsuri asked as she was giving an extra sword of hers and asking the same question she had asked for the 40th time. "Mhm. Yes, I do Kanroji-san." Tanjiro responded. Mitsuri was currently making sure he had everything.

An hour before he had left, Mitsuri had asked him to wear a specific outfit so he'll have a better time moving. Said outfit was shorts with a flexible shirt on top. So that they could match, she let him wear a white haori. Reluctantly agreeing, he wore the outfit.

"Oh and Tanjiro..." Mitsuri called when he was reaching the door. Tanjiro turned around and got a hug. "Please come back alive.." Mitsuri sobbed. Tanjiro hugged her back. "I will." And that's where his journey at ending the demon king himself.

(Some things I'd like to say aren't that Tanjiro is currently 15)

He finally reached the destination and got some weird looks regarding his outfit, but other than was ignored for the most part. A moment or so later, two kids showed up. They seemed like twins. One with black hair and one with white hair. "Welcome to final selection. You will be in the mountains for 7 days and survive. Once you survive, you'll be demon slayers. Goodluck." They had said in usion. Everyone started running. It looked as if there were about 30 participants. Tanjiro walked to the gate and entered.

One day, one, he unshealthed his whip like sword and striked. "Love breathing, second form..Love pangs!" Tanjiro yelled and sliced the demon's head off. The demon was baffled by the name but was immediately shut up by Tanjiro's glare. Shealthing the blade again, he continued to walk and fought the demon's with ease.

Nothing really major happened. Due to his enhanced nose, he avoided more of the stronger demons. Though he doubted that would help anyone, as he later heard screaming from the people in the mountain near the same smell.

Before he knew it, the 7 days were up. He walked down the mountain and reached the end point. There, he saw only so few slayers. He sighed at the number and inspected the participants closely. One of them, a male, had a weird style hair, he wore a purple shirt with black pants and looked intimidating. The next person was a girl who was seen having a butterfly hairclip as well as wearing a pink shirt with black pants. The last person was a scared looking guy with yellow hair. He seemed odd though...he had a weird demon smell around him. "Hmm.." Tanjiro stared at him for some time, almost glaring. Yellow hair took note of this and shivered. Tanjiro looked away as the twins spoke again. "Congratulations on passing the exam." One twin said, the black hair one. "Yes, we are all pleased that you passed the selection. Because you passed it, you will be told the different ranks of a demon slayer.

Mizunoto
Mizunoe
Kanoto
Kanoe
Tsuchinoto
Tsuchinoe
Hinoto
Hinoe
Kinoto
and Kinoe

"You will all start at Mizunoto, the lowest rank of the slayers."

"Now, you're crow." As if on cue, crows showed up and landed on their assigned slayer. Tanjiro looked at it with a stoic face and tilted his head for a better look. "Isn't this a sparrow?" Someone said, though Tanjiro decided not to spare a glance to them. Then, the twins asked for crows to measure their size for their outfit. "I don't give a shit about this crap!" Someone yelled, flinging his crow off him. "Now, where is it?! The color changi-, " Before he can continue, someone came up behind him and smacked him across the head. "Oi, asshole. Just wait a moment, will ya?" Tanjiro said as the guy he smacked turned around to glare only to meet another pair of eyes glaring back at him. He shivered slightly and backed away from him. "Are you finished?" One of the children said. "Yes, sorry.." Tanjiro apologized and bowed slightly. "You will now pick your ore, the ore is to tell your respectable swordsmith the ore you'll use during your time as a demon slayer." As said, a cloth revealed ores. They all stood on the small stage, using his nose to pick the one he found right. "Eh? He already picked one?" Yellow hair said.

His run back to the estate was easy as he wasn't really scratched or hurt during his stay at the exam, the demon's there were rather weak to them. Although he tried helping the other people there, they just yelled at him, wanting to do this alone. So he ignored the other participants. As he kept running, he finally arrived at the love estate by nightfall. It took roughly an hour journey.

Opening the door, he saw Mitsuri pacing back and forth inside the estate. "Eh? Are you alright?" Tanjiro called, rushing to Mitsuri to see what's happening. Surprised Mitsuri turned to Tanjiro. "Ta-Tanjiro! You're alive! I'm so happy!" She was crying as she hugged Tanjiro. The hug reminded Tanjiro of his mother's concerned hugs. He hugged back. "Yes, I couldn't die yet. You and Obanai-san still need to be together. Tanjiro teased as Mitsuri broke the hug and blushed when Tanjiro said that. All Tanjiro needed to do now was wait for the fifteen days before he can go on missions with Mitsuri, the person he greatly looks up to.